It's very simple to tell who is happy in their marriage and who is not. Matt and I have been married for two and a half years now. I know that doesn't seem like a lot to some people, but for many, its nearly impossible. We have always enjoyed showing our affection for each other around other people. Since we started dating, we've often gotten comments from those people around us. The happily married people say, "You two are so cute". The unhappy people often make comments like,"Just wait till you're married, it'll stop." Then after we got married, "Just wait till you've been married about a year, it'll stop." Then we hit our first anniversary and it turned into, "Just wait till you've been married a couple years, it'll stop. You'll see." Well, I have one thing to say to those people. =P
We happen to still love each other. So I'm sorry to those who aren't happy, but stop spreading your bitter manure views to those who are.
Matt and I work together at the same company. I've also heard many people say, "I don't know how you can stand working with your husband every day!" Let me tell you...its great! He often tells me he loves me throughout the day and he'll come over and kiss me frequently. Who wouldn't like that? I guess I don't understand why you would marry someone if you can't stand being around them. People baffle me. Anyway, I was at work the other day and Matt had just kissed me goodbye before returning to his desk. A newer lady at work asked, "So how long have you two been married?" I told her two and a half years and she snorted. The woman actually snorted! Red flags were going up all over the place. "Warning! Angry married woman ahead!" After doing her pig impression, which was quite good actually, she said "Oh, that's why. Just wait till you've been married for ten years. It'll change, you'll see." Wow! This woman can impersonate a pig and a female dog! Now there's talent for you.
Matt and I may lessen our cuteness slightly as the years go by, but we've made it a goal to always show affection for one another. We want to still be disgustingly in love when we're old and wrinkly. So say what you want, but we plan on acting this way for many years to come. If for no other reason than to prove the cynics wrong.
1 month ago


1 comment:
Hehe...that's funny! Now I want to know who the pig was :LOL:
Post a Comment