"What are the flowers for?"
"Because my husband loves me."
"Is it your anniversary?"
"No."
"Is it your birthday?"
"No."
"Did he do something wrong?"
"No."
"He just gave you flowers?"
"Yup."
"For no reason at all?"
"Just because."
"Wow!"
Sound the alarm! Call out the troops! Dial 9-1-1! These are pretty much the reactions I got from people when Matt surprised me with flowers at work this week. It was actually really entertaining to watch the wheels turning in some people's minds as they tried to grasp the concept. "Just because. He brought her flowers just because." The dazed and confused expressions I saw told me full well that too many marriages had lost their spontaneity. (If they had any to start with). I thought I might have to call an ambulance to revive a few that seemed to have gone into shock. Matt has always been very good at surprising me occasionally with flowers or small presents to remind me I'm loved. I enjoy doing the same for him too. If he's had an especially bad week at school, I'll pick up the latest CD he's been wanting or that movie he's had his eye on. Why? Because I love him! He knows I love him, but sometimes a surprise gift is a nice reminder. I've heard men use the argument that flowers die. Well, I don't care if flowers die, they are beautiful while they last and a wonderful reminder of Matt. When I look at the flowers he's bought me, sitting on my desk, a smile comes to my face every time. So he is on my mind all day. And to those who are too cheap to buy your spouse an occasional "just because" gift my only reply is it'll save you money in the long run. I hear divorce is expensive.
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment