Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of pictures this year. Our camera batteries died when we started opening presents. Then after we got more, our camera card was full. Oh well! So I only have a couple that were taken after we got back home. Our festivities starting the morning of Christmas Eve. We let Kalianna open all her presents from us that morning, and Matt and I also exchanged gifts. Matt got me these really cute boots and I got him a new headset/microphone for his computer. Not a terribly exciting gift year, but we were both happy.

Kalianna LOVED opening presents! She was really good at tearing all the paper off, and she got excited about each thing for about a minute. Then she was ready for the next one! She loves to pull/push things right now, so Matt and I got her a little cow on wheels that moos when you pull it. We put a little leash around his neck and she has been taking him for "walks" ever since. She also got some little cars (this girl loves cars!), some snow boots, a puppy stuffed animal and a few other little things. After her nap that afternoon (in which she insisted on sleeping with her "Moo") we headed down to Sandy to spend Christmas with my family. It was my parent's turn this year. We had our traditional Chinese dinner and stayed up playing games and stuff. Kalianna also opened her new PJ's that night, and after all the kids were in bed, we exchanged our sibling gifts. It's tradition to do it Christmas Eve with my family.

Christmas morning we were up bright and early. It was fun having all my siblings stay the night at my parent's again, but it definitely gets more and more crowded every time. I think this was our last year of being able to do that. Our family is just getting too big! My parents bought Kalianna a trampoline for Christmas. You have never seen a happier girl in your life! She is obsessed with jumping, and spent a good portion of the day on it.

This is how Kalianna smiles nowadays. Open mouth.

Is this not the coolest toy you've ever seen?
I have been wanting a nice Kitchenaid mixer forever, but we've never had the money for it. So this year, my sweet, sweet husband went to my parents and asked them to combine his Christmas money with mine so I could get one. So he got one gift card for Christmas and I got a big, nice mixer. It's pretty and red and the best Christmas present ever! I have the best husband in the world! We spent Christmas Day mostly playing with new toys and hanging out. We stopped by Matt's parent's briefly to exchange gifts. They got Kalianna a cute kitchen to play with and her aunt and uncle gave her a stroller for baby dolls. She loves to push the stroller around! It's very cute! Matt and I both got a lot of gift cards this year for restaurants. Yay for date night!

That night we had a nice Christmas dinner with my family and my grandparents came over too. Then we played games until it was time for Kalianna to go to bed and we came home. We had to borrow my parent's suburban just to get all her loot home! She was very spoiled this year! But she has been enjoying all her new toys ever since!
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas as well!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

How fun! You'll love your kitchenAid! That's a very cute trampoline, I agree. Sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas!

Ashlee said...

Oh, I love my KitchenAid. Mine is red as well, and now I just keep buying attachments. Pretty much my favorite attachment is the slicer/shredder attachment. So great! Have fun!