Those of you who have read my book know it takes place in Layton and the main characters all attend Layton High. A few weeks ago I e-mailed the teacher at Layton High who is over the school newspaper. I told her about my book and that it takes place at their school. She thought that was pretty cool! First she just wanted to have one of the students interview me, but then she decided to have me come speak to her whole class instead! She went out and bought my book and has been reading it to her writing class. Tomorrow, I get to go visit the class and talk to the students about writing and my book. I am so excited! I think this will be so fun!
When the ladies in my ward heard that I'd written a book, the book club in my neighborhood all went out and purchased it for their January reading. Then they asked if I would come to their book club meeting at the end of the month. Again, so excited! It will be fun to get to answer questions and talk about my book with a group of ladies who are all avid readers. And maybe even get some suggestions of what they'd like to see in the sequel.
The owner of Ecko House Publishing (my publisher) does an internet radio show every Thursday at 4:00pm. I've been asked to talk on the show and be interviewed for my book February 3rd. It may just be internet radio, but one step at a time, right?
One of the hardest things about this process is putting myself out there. I'm not a super extroverted, outgoing person. But I know I have to do it if I want anything to ever come of this book. And you know what? I've been having a ball! Thanks so much to everyone who has recommended my book to someone else! The only way people will ever know about it is word of mouth! So please continue to help me spread the word! And if you know any teachers, book clubs, radio dj's, store owners, or other groups I can come visit please have people contact me!


2 comments:
Kevin said he already commented on facebook or something that you could come to his class anytime. Have you replied to him yet?
I definitely need to read it. I didn't know it took place at Layton high?! My Alma Mater. Hearts!
Post a Comment