Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So You Think You Can Dance Tour

I have been wanting to post pictures of this for a long time, but it just kept getting pushed back. Well no more! Back in October I was able to go to the SYTYCD tour with my cousin, Miquelle. She goes with her mom every year but this year after buying tickets, her mom had to go out of town that week. I willingly stepped in to take her. We had such a blast! I love Miquelle! She's so fun! My mom is the oldest child in her family, and Miquelle'a mom is the youngest. So though she feels more like a niece to me, she is my cousin. My sweet husband took the night off early to take the girls so I could go. Miquelle and I grabbed dinner first, then it was off to the show! I was so stoked!! It wasn't until I discovered Hulu that I was ever able to watch the show. I always wanted to, just never had TV. Then this last year I didn't miss an episode! From the first audition on I was hooked! Totally fell in love with the dancers ( I so would have been a dancer if I was at all coordinated) and it was amazing to see them live!
So cute...right?
If you didn't follow the show, then the names will mean nothing to you, but you can still appreciate the awesome shots I got. Mitchell was out with an injury. Sadness. And for some random reason Nick and Missy were there. They never explained why the two of them were on tour with the top ten, but they gave a solo performance and everything. I didn't mind though. They were both amazing! They performed a lot of favorite numbers from the show, as well as each did a solo number. Then they also combined a few of the numbers together into mash-up dances, which was awesome! Tadd was a huge showoff and, of course, got the most applause, being in his hometown. He was really funny on stage. They were all incredible to watch! Miquelle and I were both happy to see Nick again. He is such a good dancer! We both thought he probably would have gone much farther if he had had a better partner to begin with. Kind of how Alexander and Ryan both probably would have been gone sooner if they weren't with such incredible partners, keeping them afloat.

The award for most impressive of the night, however, goes to Ricky. Holy smokes that boy can move!! I so wish he would have been paired with Sasha from the beginning. He danced with her a couple times and the two of them together took my breath away! I don't think he got enough credit on the show for how good he is! Honestly I never paid too much attention to him, he wasn't one of my favorites either. But after seeing the tour, I am totally a Ricky fan! On tour he took the place of the all-star who danced with Melanie. She threw herself into his arms with equal force and Ricky didn't budge. He also took the place of the all-star who danced the wall number with Sasha AND he did the Twitch number with Sasha at the breakfast table. Three huge numbers from the season and Ricky was chosen to perform them all. That's saying something! I so wish I had recorded his solo too. My battery started dying though and I wanted to save it for the end of the night.
Here's my boy. Yup. He's upside down!

Biggest disappointment of the evening was they didn't do the Marko and Melanie wedding routine where they kissed. That was my favorite routine of the entire season and they didn't do it! So sad! It was a super fun night though and I had a great time! It made me look forward to nights like this with my own girls someday. Thank you Bonnie for going out of town! =)
I took some videos, but they aren't loading right now. I'll try again later. I got pictures of everyone's solos and most of the numbers. These are just the ones that turned out best:

Jess & Clarice
Melanie and Jess. Jess did the choreographer routine with her, and he did awesome!

Caitlyn and Tadd doing a ballroom routine

Nick and Jess doing a tap number

The circus routine

Caitlyn's solo. Love this shot!

Sasha and Marko doing the soldier returning home routine. Marko was so much better than Alexander!

Tadd's solo. Another awesome shot.

Nick's solo. I didn't think it was possible for feet to move this fast!

Clarice and Jess performed the jail routine. I thought they were better than the original with Chris and Ashley.

Ricky and Sasha doing the Twitch routine.

Ricky and Sasha doing the wall routine. So good!

Marko's solo. Still think he should have come in second!

The incredible champion of the season: Melanie

Everyone in the red door number

Sasha and Melanie doing their warrior routine

1 comment:

scrapsidaisy said...

You got some great shots! Thanks for posting these!