
I wanted to write a few things about this new little bean before I forget them. =)
We thought before we had our third kid, Matt would be done with school. We also thought, since he'd be done with school, by the time number three came along, we'd be ready to buy a new house. Well, neither of these are true. Matt still has about two years of school and with the housing market, we are putting our house up for sale, but there's a good chance we'll still be here for the rest of those two years. But, Matt and I really like having our kids about 2 years apart. It's been perfect with Kalianna and Magdalyn! So we found ourselves stuck. Do we continue with our family plan and have another one, or do we put it off another year and be in a better position with school and housing?
It was a rough couple of months, lots of prayers and going back and forth, trying to decide what to do. Then one day a realization hit me. Ten years from now, it's not going to matter if Daddy was still in school for the first year of their life. The kids aren't going to care, or probably even remember that there were three of them sharing a room. But ten years from now, I might regret putting that extra year between Maggie and her little brother or sister. So in March, I fasted and prayed that our decision to start trying again in April was the right one. I have never received a stronger YES in my entire life! I was completely overpowered by the spirit. Yes, April was the time to start trying.
With Kalianna, it took us about two years to get pregnant. Then it took us about six months with Magdalyn. Keeping in mind it usually takes a little time to get pregnant, and wanting the results to be two years, we decided to start trying when Magdalyn was one. Well, we got pregnant in April. I'm glad I listened to the spirit! This little peanut will be a little closer to Magdalyn in age than we were anticipating, but we are super excited! And Matt realized with his schooling, January is a good time to have a new baby as opposed to the last two being born really close to finals. I'm officially due January 22nd. But since we know it will be a C-section this time, their birthday will more likely be around the 15th.
So far, this pregnancy has given us a few scares. I didn't get sick as early as I did with the girls, so I was afraid something might be wrong. Then about a month ago, I started having really bad stomach pains for 48 hours. I kept waiting for them to either go away or result in a miscarriage. When neither occurred, I went to see my doctor. They checked my blood for normal hormone levels and when those came back fine, they did an ultrasound. We were afraid the pregnancy might be ectopic. But the ultrasound looked fine too. Shortly after that, the pains went away and I felt fine. The nausea did finally catch up to me. Even though I have thrown up a lot less, I'm still very nauseous most mornings.
As for the girls, we waited to tell them until I had my first "real" appointment. Kalianna keeps trying to look down my shirt to see the baby, and she keeps asking if it's going to come out yet. It's going to be a long six months for her! Magdalyn obviously doesn't understand anything that's going on yet. I think the funniest thing is Kalianna is convinced I'm having a boy AND a girl. That's what she tells people. "My mommy has two babies in her tummy". I don't. We checked. I think she just can't decide which one she wants more, a brother or another sister. So, being the brilliant child she is, she chose another option. Why not have both? Then she doesn't have to choose! As for Matt and I, I honestly will be completely happy either way. We love our two girls and have had a ball with them. We'd love to add another to the crew! At the same time, a boy would be fun too. So we will just have to wait and see in about 9 more weeks!


6 comments:
I am just so excited for you guys! I agree with you--I never thought I'd have FOUR children before my husband graduated college, but here we are. Sure, times are tough, but in the eternal scheme of things, it doesn't matter. What does matter is following the Spirit. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! Love you, Stace!!
Congrats!!! So happy that it happened so fast for you. :) Glad you're not as sick and that things are going well. Maybe, since you're not as sick, that means BOY? That's my guess. You might be surprised with the housing market. My house sold in 20 days. Things under $200,000 are flying off the market, just giving you a heads up if that includes you. My realtor told me 30-90 days. I had up to 4 showings in one day. Good luck! Can't wait to find out what you're having. (BOY!) :)
Congrats Stacy! Very excited for you!!
Congrats! We are so excited for you and what an amazing experience to know you should try a certain month and have it happen! YAY for your growing family!!
Yay! Congrats! We need to plan a date for our girls to play!!
So exciting! Love your thoughts on when to have kids...it doesn't matter if Matt is still in school.family is definitely the most important. There was a great conference talk on that recently. So excited for you guys!
Post a Comment