Bio--Katrina Parker Williams teaches English composition and grammar at a community college. She is a
Her current work is Bootlegger Haze--Buford Tee is back! If you loved Buford Tee in “Rock” and from Trouble Down South and Other Stories, you’re going to love him even more in Bootlegger Haze. One of the biggest colored bootleggers in


1. Tell us 3 fun facts about yourself?
I like to paint—watercolors and acrylics are my favorites. I like westerns. I like sour apple candy for some reason.
2. How long have you been a writer or known that was something you wanted to do?
I have been writing most of my life, short stories here and there. It wasn’t until the tenth grade that I gained a great interest in writing after reading some of my favorite authors:
3. Tell me about your current project.
My current project, Bootlegger Haze, is a novel about a colored bootlegger and a white bootlegger who are linked by infidelity. It is set primarily during the Prohibition Era. It went on sale on September 1, 2011.
4. Where do you receive your inspiration or ideas for your books?
Much of the inspiration for my short stories and novels comes from stories told to me by my mother and other family members. I listen to them at family gatherings and then try to create a story that is my own based on their recollections.
5. Why did you choose to self-publish? Or go with the publisher you are with?
I chose to self-publish because I wanted to make my books available for readers without waiting years for a traditional publisher. I like having full control of what I produce also.
6. How often do you write?
I try to write something every week. I still have my day job, so time for writing like I want is limited.
7. Tell us about some of your future projects?
I am working on a series of short stories and a full-length novel. I hope to have them ready for publication in the next few months.
8. What are some of your favorite books?
I like Sue Monk Kidd’s The Secret Life of Bees, Kathryn Stockett’s The Help, Toni Morrison’s Sula and Beloved, Alice Walker’sThe Color Purple, Gordon Parks’ A Choice of Weapons, Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird, and many more.
9. If you could co-write a book with another author, who would it be?
I would love to work with Toni Morrison. I love her writing style.
10. Do you have any advice for others who dream of being an author?


No comments:
Post a Comment