Friday, September 23, 2011

Interview with author Laura Yirak

Along this fun journey of becoming a published author, I have met some amazing people! It's really been awesome to see how authors support and help each other out, as we each try and promote our books. Because really, we can't do it all on our own. The only way for people to find out about good books is by suggestions from their friends (hint hint). So I decided to start interviewing a new author each week. I know a lot of you love to read, so check out my blog each week for some great book suggestions and get to know the wonderful people behind them. And here is my first author spotlight! Drumroll please...

Laura Yirak
1. Tell us 3 fun facts about yourself.
I'm very tall, I love aerobics, and I drink tea most of the day.

2. How long have you been a writer or known that was something you wanted to do?
I took a creative writing class in college and loved it. I started with poetry and have advanced to longer works.

3. Tell us about your current project.
I just released my new series, The Adventures of Be Boo & Dolly. Be Boo is a little blue dragon with green eyes and Dolly is a little pink doll with pink hair and a very pink dress. They work together to figure out their daily adventures. This series has three books, "Indoors", "Outdoors", and "Seasons". "Seasons" is free on Smashwords, see link below.

4. Where do you receive your inspiration or ideas for your books?
For this series, I was inspired by my little ones, who love it when I tell stories. I just put them to paper.

5. Why did you choose to self-publish?
It's easy and I love the freedom of it with no deadlines.

6. How often do you write?
I write M-F 2 hours/day.

7. Tell us about some of your future projects.
I am currently working on a longer novel- a psycho-thriller.

8. What are some of your favorite books?
I love the Thorn Birds and The Chronicles of Amber.

9. If you could co-write a book with another author, who would it be?
Anyone from IWU =)
(For those of you who don't know, this stands for Indie Writers Unite. A group that both Laura and I belong to.)

10. Do you have any advice for others who dream of being an author?
I say go for it! Now is the time!

1 comment:

Jenny Sue said...

Awesome! I look forward to reading about beboo and Dolly. Great idea Stacy to interview a writer every week. Fun! I look forward to reading about them and being able to hear about more fun books for my kids and I. Thanks!