Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Feel Goods

Matt and I have had a blast teaching the Valiant 11 class this last year! Our class is a ton of fun and our kids are brilliant (sometimes obnoxiously so). Well, this last Sunday was our last class together since they will all be moving on to Valiant 12 and then mutual. Matt and I have been a little nervous about getting our new class next year because we have gotten comfortable with the kids we have and will be getting a couple new kids with some behavioral problems. Well, last week a member of the presidency pulled us aside and asked if we would be okay if they combined the Valiant 10 class with ours next year since the class is only two kids. One of the kids is only there every other weekend since his parents are divorced, so its basically been a little girl by herself most of the year. The little boy who comes every other week is autistic, so even though we're only tacking on two kids to our class, it will still be a handful. Good thing he adores Matt!

Anyway, on Sunday they gave us our new manuals and, much to our surprise, we are teaching the Valiant 9 and 10 class next year instead of the 10 and 11 year-olds like we thought. So we are getting the kids fresh from junior primary who just got baptized this last year. We were looking over the roll (since these kids are from junior primary we don't know any of them at all!) and four of our kids next year are younger sisters of the kids we had this last year. Funny, huh? I mentioned this to a couple of the girls sitting next to me during closing exercises and two of the boys sitting in front of me overheard. Their response was "Oh man, we wanted to be in your class next year!" Talk about making you feel good! I guess Matt and I have a reputation in the primary for being the coolest teachers ever. I can't say I blame them all for wanting to be in our class, we do have a lot of fun! It will be interesting to see what the new year brings and its always fun to see the changes that come with a new age group. Starting next week, we will have taught in Nursery, Sunbeams, CTR 5, Valiant 11, Valiant 10, and now Valiant 9.

1 comment:

Jenny Sue said...

lol! The Lord knows what he is doing!! He is awesome! LOL You guys's will be great parents. Look at all of that experience!