Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm Back!

For some a week may not seem like much of a hiatus, but for me it feels like an eternity since the last time I signed on! I appreciate all your comments, but I feel like I need to clear a few things up. I LOVE when people comment on our blog, so please don't ever stop! I did not take a break just because of comments left on my postings. I took a break after multiple instances where people told me (through texts, e-mails, and phone calls) that my opinion was wrong and/or so offensive that I needed to remove it from my blog. Oh, and being told I'm a horrible person. That one made me feel super happy inside too. So please don't ever stop leaving me comments! I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, most of the time I can see both sides of an argument anyway. It's being told my opinion is wrong or rude that made me take a brief break. You (those of you who commented) are all right. If someone chooses to take my intended humor and twist it into something else, that's their problem. I've said my peace. I'm dropping the subject now.

Matt and I have been having a lot of fun with Twelve Days this year! It's really fun, and sometimes challenging, to come up with gift ideas for under $5 but I think we've outdone ourselves this year! We have given each other some really fun things! I also forgot to mention we had a "no food" stipulation this year since baby doesn't have much of a sweet tooth and Matt is trying to eat better. So here are the updates on Twelve Days:

The dogs, of course, have continued getting their Christmas cookies each day. Its really cute! They've gotten used to the time when we do Twelve Day gifts now, so they sit by the counter and look up at the box, just waiting for that special treat.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...A metal bookmark. It's pretty and has pink hearts on it! It's because all my other bookmarks tend to bend and tear. So thoughtful!

My true love got a yo-yo ball.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a super cute snowman ornament.

My true love got a three pack of gum, so when he's tempted to snack he has something to chew on.

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...A "grow-your-own" gingerbread man, snowman, and tree. Just add water! He also gave me some Christmas tree earrings.

My true love got a new beanie for snowboarding.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me...Fuzzy socks! I'm even wearing them right now! So comfy!

My true love also got socks! But his were boring and white. We had a mishap involving some cherry chapstick and a load of whites that left him with all pink polka-dotted socks.

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...the movie "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". One of my favorites!

My true love got a long-sleeve blue shirt. It looks super hot on him.

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...Pink princess silly putty! Oh yes, they make princess silly putty.

My true love got a Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer little golden book.

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...An island calendar full of happy pictures of happy beaches and happy sunshine. I hate snow!

My true love got some new chapstick.

Only two days left!! Can you believe it? I'm so excited for Christmas! And also for New Years! Matt and I are having a party at our place this year. We're having a "Clue" themed party; beginning our night with a murder mystery dinner that was written by yours truly, followed by games like Clue and Mafia and then ending our evening with watching the movie Clue. I've made you all jealous now, haven't I? We actually still have a couple spots open for the murder mystery dinner, so if you don't have plans that night (or our plans sound like more fun) let me know! I would love to invite everyone, but I know many of you live too far away and others have plans with their families. If you're interested in coming let me know and I'll get you an invitation!

3 comments:

janae said...

Yay! Welcome back! :)

Amelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amelia said...

Glad to see you're back. Have a Merry Christmas!