Monday, April 13, 2009

Bath Time

We gave Kalianna her first bath this week. At first she seemed curious about the water, or surprised to find herself sitting in a little pool.
Then she decided she had had enough and started crying.
And what did mean mommy do? She pulled out the camera, of course! (Please excuse the camera string)
As soon as we washed her head and put her in the towel, she was fine. A little traumatized maybe, but fine. Doesn't she look like she's thinking "I can't believe they just did that to me!"

Once she was wrapped up warm in her towel and safe in mommy's arms, she was relaxed and happy once again.
It's really weird to not be sitting at a computer every day anymore! So I'm afraid my postings will probably decrease. I know. You are all crying inside. But I will try to keep you posted on my beautiful, sweet girl and the goings-on in our lives. Kalianna is one of the calmest, most content babies I have ever known! She has some of the funniest facial expressions and she keeps me smiling all day. I'm tired and still a bit sore, but am loving getting to spend all day every day with my baby.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

It was so great to visit with you today! She is darling, and I love the way she "purrs" when she sleeps. I can't wait to watch your little "barbie" grow and grow! She is such a petite little sweetheart!
p.s.
If you put a warm, wet washcloth on her head during her bath it keeps her warmer and happier.:) That's my little trick!

janae said...

Babies seriously make your life so fulfilling. I can change diapers all day, and still feel like I have saved the world and be completely content. Strange, but true. She is so precious! Seara hated baths for the first six months of her life. She still doesn't love em. My trick has always been to keep a hand and a little weight on their chest cavity. It worked well for both Enoch and Elijah. But each kid is different and you may try it and not have it work at all! :)

ps. I'll miss your posts!

Theresa said...

I think she looks a little annoyed at being awake. Like any of us would

Lark & Alicia said...

You better sure try on keeping us update....we are so very excited for you and matt both! She is very cute!! love you guys....CONGRATES again!!!

Jenny Sue said...

Oh! I love it! The pictures are great! I really like the one when she was first cuddled up in the towel again with her hands on her face.
We all knew you wouldn't be able to post as often, but we hope you still find time to post a little. Do keep us updated. Even if it's only about once every week. Kalianna is beautiful! I'm excited for her. She really does have great parents. She's one of the lucky one's.

Charlene said...

Stacy, thanks for the pictures of your darling little gal. Congratulations and much love to all of you. So glad you keep in touch. Charlene

Sara said...

She's so precious! And long! Did you get your goodies?