People keep asking me how the dogs are doing with Kalianna or how they are adjusting to the new baby, so I thought it was about time I posted some pictures and blogged about it. They are fantastic with her!! Have you all seen Peter Pan? You know the dog Nana and how she takes care of the kids and everything? Well my dogs aren't about to clean up her toys or spoon feed her medicine, but they are very concerned and protective of her. The other day Kalianna was crying and Sobaka came over and licked her toes to make her feel better. Matt made the comment, "Its like we have our own little Nana". And its true! They always want to be where she is (I have had to kick Kutse out of her room while she was napping). And they especially watch over her when someone other than mom or dad are holding her. If she cries, they are right there kissing her better or even just laying by her side. This morning I had Kalianna on our bed and I stepped out of the room to use the restroom. Her binky fell out of her mouth and I could hear her fussing. When I walked back into our room, Sobaka had gotten on the bed and he was laying down right next to her, watching over her while mom was away. They are both extra hyper with the lack of walking right now and the constant excitement of me being home all day and occasional visitors. But when they are next to Kalianna, they are amazingly calm and sweet. I have the best dogs ever!
That was my dog too. She still sleeps in her room during naps if I'll let her. She was so protective whenever anyone came over and touched Avalon, she still is if she doesn't know them! It's so cute!
4 comments:
It is amazing how dogs seem to intuitively know to be gentle with babies. I'm so glad they love her!
So precious! She's getting so big already!
That was my dog too. She still sleeps in her room during naps if I'll let her. She was so protective whenever anyone came over and touched Avalon, she still is if she doesn't know them! It's so cute!
I love the pictures of Kali and her dogs. Having dogs that love and protect her are such a blessing.
Nedra Nana
Post a Comment