Saturday, October 24, 2009

Our First Date

Matt and I went on our first date last night since Kalianna was born. I know, it took us awhile! Its not that I didn't trust her with anyone, but with me breastfeeding and unable to pump very much, it just didn't work out. The last few weeks, we've started giving Kalianna a bottle of formula before bed, so now we can go out after she's had dinner. My mom came up to take care of her, and said she did great. Thanks again mom! First, Matt brought me two dozen red roses. They are beautiful! Then Matt and I went to Red Lobster for dinner (we still had a gift card from last Christmas). It was super yummy! Matt had all-you-can-eat shrimp and I had a combo plate with crab, lobster, and shrimp. Heavenly! Then we, of course, ended with their fabulous chocolate chip cookie and ice cream. After dinner we ran over to the mall so Matt could use his B-day money to buy some new pants. (He's been down to one pair for the last month! Sad, I know!) We found him some great jeans and a new jacket. Then we walked over to the movie theater and, using some movie passes, saw "Surrogates". It was really pretty good! Had some cool action scenes and the story really made you think. It was surprisingly clean too! We had a great time! It was the perfect date!

1 comment:

scrapsidaisy said...

OH my gosh that picture is so CUTE! I love it! So glad you guys had a fun date.