Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Miracles

Before I get into the story, Kalianna has something she'd like to share with you all:
Yup! I'm pregnant!!! When Kalianna was about a week old, I was feeding her late one night when I was hit with the incredibly overwhelming feeling that our next child was waiting. I knew we were supposed to have another one...and soon. So Matt and I started trying when Kalianna was 10 months old. But I wasn't ovulating. I charted daily and kept an eye on my charts and had several people who understand charting even better than I do look them over. Nope. I wasn't ovulating. At all. I went to my doctor a couple times and she did tests and prescribed me a couple different things that would help my body get back to being normal. Nothing worked. So in July, my doctor said it was time for Clomid. She told me to call her when my next period started and she would put in my prescription. I was torn! I know such medications were invented to help women with infertility, but I couldn't help it. I was heartbroken! I didn't want to have to take drugs. I just wanted my body to work! So I waited. And waited. And waited. Finally when I got to day 40 and there were no signs of a period starting, I sent Matt out for a pregnancy test. When we saw the results, we couldn't believe it!! I started to bawl! Then, just to be sure, I took another pregnancy test the next day. I still had a hard time believing it was real! We were ecstatic! I called my doctor first thing Monday morning to set up my first appointment and tell them I wouldn't need Clomid after all. My doctor didn't believe me. She said, "there is just no way." Let me tell you, to have a doctor tell you that after being so happy is like getting a slap in the face! She had me come in for a blood test, because according to all my charts and tests we had done, pregnancy was just not possible. But the test confirmed it. I had to go in for two more blood tests after that, just to make sure I was progressing. Finally, we were both convinced. I really was pregnant, and it seemed to be sticking! I know this very special spirit is supposed to be in our family at this time. Medically speaking, I should not be pregnant. Only God could have brought such an incredible miracle into our lives. I truly believe in modern-day miracles and I feel so blessed to be able to witness such an amazing one!

Now for the fun stuff:
I'm 10 1/2 weeks which makes me due April 22nd. For those of you with amazing memories, you will remember Kalianna was due April 20th. They will be almost exactly two years apart! Today was my first appointment and ultrasound. The baby was moving around like crazy! And it has a really strong heartbeat. My doctor wants me to aim for April 1st again because we think that would be absolutely hilarious! And if this one is anything like their sister, an April 1st baby would be just right. Can you imagine? No one would believe us! I wanted to post our first pictures of the little bean, but my scanner is not cooperating. So they'll have to wait for another day.

12 comments:

Colleen said...

How exciting!!! I'm so happy for you. April 1st would be hilarious! :)

Colleen said...

I forgot to ask how you're feeling???

Aubrey said...

Yay!!!! Finally! We've been praying for our friends who are trying for babies. So glad God answered your prayers and ours! Congrats!!!!

Melanie said...

Yeah!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures!

Justin, Holly and Zeke said...

How exciting!! Congrats :)

Raylyn said...

So neat!! Can't wait to hear more about it in a few weeks over lunch:)

Mel McDonald said...

Congratulations!!! Both of our babies will be close together:) I'm due may 12th. I'm very happy for you and that you didn't have to use drugs. Heavenly Father knows our hearts and when we live according to our his plan he blesses us not only with the things we need but often even the things we want.... like a pregnancy with no drug assistance. Very happy for you!!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures!

Bloomfields said...

Congrats for you guys! Be glad you didn't have to use Clomid... I was on it for 4 months and about went nuts! But no such luck for us!

Lolly said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I loved reading how things worked out so well. :) What a blessing!

Jenny Sue said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA such a happy story!!!!! And awesome that you didn't have to go on that drug! Oh yayayaee! Congrats! Oh and it has to come on April 1st! That would be awesome!!

Mindy said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!