1 month ago
Friday, October 1, 2010
18 Months
Kalianna is 18 months today! I love having an 18 month old! (although I have yet to run across an age I don't like) She is so much fun! I love that her hair is getting long, and I love that she has my natural curl. Her hair reaches her shoulders now (when wet) but the curls make it look a lot shorter. I can even do pigtails now, which I am very excited for! Kalianna loves to sit on a stool in the bathroom and brush her hair with Mommy, and look at Mommy's makeup while I'm getting ready in the morning. She still loves being outside! She loves exploring, walking around, playing, and sometimes even just sitting on the back steps. I hope she likes the snow, or it's going to be a long winter! She loves music and loves to dance! She will even jam out to the sacrament hymn at church. She dances whenever she hears music. She loves reading and looking at pictures. She can name most animals now, or at least make the sounds of that animal. But it's one or the other. A dog is "dog" but a horse is "neigh". It's very cute! She is so stinkin' smart! This girl can understand and follow almost any instruction and she is very quick to figure things out. She is very curious! She also just keeps getting taller and taller! But I love it! Her legs are long enough that she can walk up and down the stairs now by herself (holding the railing). She is such a good snuggler and loves to give hugs! (which is one of my favorite things) After I change her diapers, she always stands up and gives me a hug before I lift her down. Melts my heart every time! She loves to help! She loves helping me do laundry, and the dishes, and cook, and she is really good at putting her clothes and toys away when I ask her to (though she likes pulling them out again too). And she knows where everything goes! She loves helping me dust, she even has her own little duster. The other day she went in her room and pulled out two baby wipes from her changing table and started to clean the banister with them. So adorable! She seems to really enjoy nursery for the first hour, but has a rougher time once they put the toys away and start into singing time. But that also happens to be 1:00pm, which is nap time. I'm hoping she will be happier once we switch to 9:00 church! 11:00 church is So Hard with a toddler! But if she ends up leaving nursery, she usually does just fine with me in Relief Society. She loves to meet new people and she really loves to show off how cute she is. She is super friendly, but also cautious. She loves to watch other kids playing, and usually does pretty well at sharing if another kid wants what she has. She loves to push things around! From the shopping cart at the grocery store, to the laundry basket full of clothes. And she loves animals, especially dogs! She will bend down and turn her head so the dog can give her kisses. She will try almost anything we put on her tray, but her favorite foods are spaghetti, cucumbers, mac & cheese, grilled cheese, and french fries. She still doesn't like fruit very much and will take a vegetable over a fruit any day of the week. And she doesn't seem to like beef much. She prefers chicken. But she would probably live off cucumbers and french fries if I let her. She is such a sweetheart! When I was first pregnant and throwing up a lot, she would quietly stand by my side. Then when I was done, she would shut the toilet and flush it for me, before climbing onto my lap. Kalianna is so much fun! She is such a sweet, wonderful little girl! I love that I get to spend every day with her and watch her as she grows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a fun 18 month old! Enjoy her before she starts the sassy stage. :)
Great post. Great little girl!
Wow! Her hair has grown a TON since we did her 1 year-old pictures!!!
Post a Comment