Tuesday, February 15, 2011

65 Days

I realized I have blogged a lot less about this pregnancy, and with only two more months to go, I should probably take advantage of it while I'm still preggers! Any woman who has ever been pregnant can agree, you have your good days and your bad. But even on the days that I feel sick, I still love being pregnant! With how much we struggled to get here, I'm just so grateful to be pregnant! Every movement my little girl makes is precious. I love feeling her and I feel her A LOT! The placenta is apparently right up against my back, so I feel every little thing she does. It's so fun!

I completely agree with what I've been told, my second pregnancy has been so much easier! With Kalianna, I was fresh from surgery, lost about 20 pounds, and was pretty sick through most of it. I did get to enjoy my third trimester with her though. I was definitely sick in the beginning with this one, but I started out my pregnancy in such better health, that I felt it was easier to deal with. With Kalianna, I was working full time. Sometimes working 11 hour days. Which really wears you down when you're pregnant! But with this one, I get to be home all day. When I need a nap, I can take a nap. When I need to rest, I can put on a movie and rest. It's been so great! I still get to chase my rambunctious soon-to-be two year old around, but it is so much easier than taking care of 12 men who act like two year olds. =)

I'm still pretty small. People tell me all the time I can't possibly be due in two months. Well, I am! I'm basically the same size at the same point as I was with Kalianna. I expected to be bigger with my second, but I seem to be carrying this one the same as my first. I just have a very long torso, and wide hips. So the baby has plenty of room and doesn't need to poke out much.
Matt and I have been having fun getting ready for our new little addition. We completely re-did our bedroom (hurray!) to make more room for the rocking chair to move in with us, so we can fit a second bed in Kalianna's room. With Kalianna, we only had her in our room for about two weeks, while I was recovering from the C-section. It's going to be weird having her in our room longer this time. I don't want to put her with Kalianna until she gets a little older, so she doesn't keep Kalianna up at night. It will be an interesting adjustment.

It's hard not knowing how this delivery is going to go. With Kalianna, I was all ready for a regular delivery, and then was surprised when I ended up having to have a C-section. I'm planning on trying to go for a vaginal delivery again, but as Kalianna proved, you never know what's going to happen! For instance, once you've had a C-section, you can never be induced. So if she doesn't come on her own in a timely manner, I will have to have a C-section again. Or if there are any problems, I will have to have a C-section again. I don't mind having another C-section if that's what it comes to, the only downside is too many can limit the number of children you can have. And once you've had two, you can never do a vaginal delivery. So everything depends on this little girl and how she decides to come! She gets to decide how all my future deliveries will go.

Matt and I still feel the same way about names. I know some people have names picked out for their kids long before they are born, but that just doesn't work for us. We had a name picked out for Kalianna. It was so definite that we almost started telling people what it was. Kalianna was our backup. Then, once we saw her, the name didn't fit at all! She looked like such a little Kali that we couldn't name her anything else. We knew in that moment what her name was supposed to be. With this one, we are less sure about a name. We have a list of our favorites, but we definitely won't settle on one until we see her pretty face.

As each day passes, I am getting more and more excited to meet her! But in the meantime, I am having lots of fun enjoying each moment with Kalianna as my one!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I love reading about pregnancies and especially deliveries! Hope she decides to come on her own in a timely manner. :) Only 65 days left! Woohoo!

Lolly said...

Love the update! I can't believe you only have 65 days! Does it bother you when people tell you that you look small? My sister was always told (by strangers) that she looked too small, and she would tell them the baby is perfectly healthy, and her body just "hides" the baby...she'd get pretty annoyed. :)
I am excited for you guys!