4:00 started creeping around the corner and she was still asleep. I thought this was awesome. She will just sleep through my interview, no big deal. I text my friend and told her I wouldn't need to drop her off after all. 3:52pm Kalianna wakes up. Great. At this point, it's too late to rush her to my neighbor's house. Plus if I pulled her straight from sleeping and ditched her somewhere, she probably would have just screamed the whole time. So I scooped her up, ran down to the basement, (grabbing a brownie and her sippy cup on the way) and stuck her in front of a movie. I turned on Winnie the Pooh, handed her the brownie, kissed her on the cheek and said, "Mommy will be right back." Then I booked it up the stairs (shutting the gate behind me so she couldn't come find me and interrupt the interview) and called in to the station with 42 seconds to spare. My interviewer was afraid I wasn't going to make it! So I sat down, took a deep breath, and showtime!
It was crazy, but I had a lot of fun! And people told me I didn't sound breathless on the interview, so that's good. She asked some difficult questions, but I hope it all came across well and I hope it will inspire people to go pick up a copy of my book. I haven't actually listened to it myself, but I don't like hearing my own voice. So I'm not sure if I will. But you can! The station sent me a link to the interview if you would like to hear it: http://www.eckobooks.com/page/3/Ecko-House-Radio/
As the interview was nearing the end, I could hear my sweet little girl crying, as she realized I had locked her downstairs. I felt like the worst mom ever! But thankfully I had given her chocolate, so she wasn't too upset. And the second the interview was over, I came to her rescue. Maybe next time I will make sure to have an extra set of hands...just in case.


No comments:
Post a Comment