Sunday, February 20, 2011

February Fun

Valentines Day
The Friday before V-day Matt arrived home from work with a dozen pink roses. I was very surprised! He said he didn't want to wait until Monday, because then the flowers would be more picked through and he would have less options. Plus, receiving them on Friday made it a huge surprise! Then, valentines morning, Kalianna and I came downstairs for breakfast to find a big teddy bear with a pink bow sitting on Kalianna's chair. She was ecstatic and immediately attacked him with hugs! He is so good about making sure to give our daughter a special day too. Kalianna and I had a good day together and were even able to go out with a couple other moms to the mall for a much-needed break. But we couldn't wait until that night, when Matt arrived home!

Matt and I never go out on Valentines Day. We have sort of made it tradition to get crab legs and steam them at home for our own fancy little dinner. They are definitely not something we normally buy! But it's fun to splurge once in awhile, and we also like avoiding all the crowds. So we sat down for a nice romantic dinner...just the three of us. We bought Kalianna a happy meal, so she could have her own special dinner too. Then she enjoyed her chicken nuggets and fries while Matt and I enjoyed our crab legs, shrimp, and potatoes. So yummy! For dessert, Matt picked up a chocolate chip lava cookie from Red Lobster. My favorite dessert in the world! Even if you don't like seafood, this cookie makes a trip to Red Lobster worth it! After our bellies were all happy, we sat down together and watched a little bit of a movie and then played until bedtime. It was such a wonderful, relaxing evening at home with the two people I love most!

My Birthday
I've decided birthdays have improved since the invention of Facebook. It's really fun to receive texts and e-mails all day wishing me a happy day because Facebook reminded people to do so. My birthday was last Thursday. Wednesday night Matt got me a yummy double cream lemon pie from Marie Calendars. After Kalianna went to bed, he had to do homework. So I decided to start celebrating on my own. I ate some of that yummy pie and snuggled up in bed while watching "27 Dresses". (Totally not on purpose because I was turning 27. Matt pointed it out to me).

Thursday was honestly kind of a boring day. Not much to report, but I did get lots of birthday wishes from my friends and family, which made me feel special! And Matt did give me my gift that night. The new Taylor Swift CD, which I have been wanting. He also gave me a very nice, long foot rub. Fridays Matt gets off earlier, so we had planned to celebrate then anyway.

Friday Matt came home and surprised me with another dozen roses, this time red. We went out to dinner at Outback and enjoyed some yummy steak. We had some time to kill before our movie started, so then we went to the mall and walked around. We bought a cute little newborn outfit for our daughter to come home from the hospital in. And we also bought Kalianna a new outfit. (I never, ever buy clothes! 99% of what Kalianna wears are hand-me-downs, so it was really fun to splurge for once and buy each of our girls a new outfit!) After our fun shopping trip, we headed over to the theater and saw "Just Go With It". It was really funny! We both really enjoyed it! I was very pleasantly surprised at how well Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler worked together. We came home and were told that our little girl had been great and went to bed without any problems at all (lately she has given sitters a hard time at bedtime). It was the most perfect evening! Matt definitely made my birthday wonderful!

Girl's Day
The celebrating continued on to Saturday, where we had our quarterly family girl's day. I hadn't actually slept well the night before, so I enjoyed the day of not doing much at all. We sat around and talked, and painted toenails (thanks Ricci!) and watched Gilmore Girls. That evening, we met up in Centerville at Chilis for dinner. We had a really yummy dinner, followed by free dessert to celebrate mine and my aunt's birthdays. Awesome! Then we went to the new Centerpoint Legacy Theatre (used to be Rodger's Memorial) to see Hairspray. One of my best friends from high school, Breezy, was the lead so it made the show even more fun! I love Hairspray! It's such a funny show. And Breezy was amazing, as usual! The kid who played Seaweed was incredible too! If you get a chance, I highly recommend seeing it. (Just make sure you go see the T/Th/S cast)

It turned into a really fun birthday weekend! And the celebrating continues on. Tomorrow night we are going to dinner with Matt's family to celebrate mine and both his parent's birthdays. I just love February! (it's just a bummer I didn't get pictures of any of this)

No comments: