Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kalianna's Third Birthday

Kalianna had an awesome third birthday! At least she seemed to enjoy it. Because her birthday was on a Sunday, we went and got her present the day before. First we went to McDonalds for some lunch. Magdalyn got her very first Happy Meal. When Kalianna turned one and we got her a happy meal, I worried she wouldn't eat much. She ended up eating the entire thing. So I'm not sure why, but I was nervous Magdalyn wouldn't eat much of it. Silly Mommy! I should have learned my lesson the first time. She loved it and ate the entire thing! (On a side note, can I just say how much I love that McDonalds does fries AND apple slices in happy meals now?)
After some yummy lunch and some fun slides, we took the girls to Build-A-Bear for the first time and let them each pick out an animal. They both chose dogs (no surprise there) and we got in line to have them stuffed. We thought going in between conference sessions would be a good idea, not so much. It was packed! I think the girls had fun, but it might have gone over better if we had gone there first instead of last. They were both a little tired and by the time we were done, they were Done.
Maggie loved her little dog so much while we waited in line, he was covered in drool. After having him stuffed, she was a little less interested. Next time we'll know to make him a floppy dog.
Kalianna picked out a dachshund that had a little matching baby with her 
The end results
Ready to bring her doggies home
The girls were both much happier when we got to Grandma's house and they could play with their new dogs. While we finished the second half of Conference, my mom, Ricci, Julie, and I all worked on some Easter crafts. Then after the girls were in bed, we finished them up. Well Kalianna had a hard time getting to sleep. She was so excited for her birthday on Sunday! At one point, Julie was using matches to burn the end of some ribbon so it wouldn't fray. Kalianna came out of her room thinking we were lighting her birthday candles! Talk about excited, she could smell it all the way upstairs and in the back of the house, with her door shut!

On Sunday, I got up and made a yummy french toast breakfast, complete with a candle in Kalianna's for her to blow out.

We decided to do a family party for Kalianna this year. I think we'll start friend parties when she's four. She has been SO EXCITED for her birthday party! We've had enough family parties the last few months, complete with cake and birthday candles, that Kalianna could not wait until it was her turn! We decided on a  Pinkalicious party, since that is one of her favorite books and she is obsessed with the color pink right now (my daughter?!) She picked out some awesome pink sparkle paper for her birthday invitations. I was quite proud of how cute they turned out:
My awesome family helped decorate, while others helped get dinner ready. 

All the food for dinner was pink, with the exception of a couple things that turned out red =( I was disappointed, but most of it worked.
pink hummus for an appetizer
pink spaghetti noodles
This sauce was supposed to be pink, but it turned out to be more of a light red
pink jello, with pink whipped cream
her Pinkalicious cake
Dinner: Salmon, pink spaghetti, salad w/ pink dressing, and pink jello. Yum!
After dinner, we opened presents. She was thrilled! And wanted to open everything! (pull it out of the packaging and play with it right then). We've been having fun with her new toys, books, and games everyday since.
Can you tell she's happy? After getting Lady in Disneyworld (which she is inseparable from), she has been asking for Tramp ever since. Magdalyn got this for her and we had her open it last. She immediately ran from the room to find Lady
Together at last!
Her super cute Pinkalicious cake, completely surrounded by pink cupcakes.
We also had pink ice cream to go with her pink cupcakes, pink cake, and pink frosting. The party turned out awesome! I forgot to take pictures of everyone who attended, but most of them were wearing pink to join in on the theme for the evening. The guests included: Daddy, Mommy, Magdalyn, Grandpa Howell, Grandma Howell, Theresa, CJ, Kristine, Logan, Joshua, Ian, Hayden, Julie, Seth, Bryan, Ricci, Brent, Alyssa, Grandma Carroll (Grandpa was sick), Miranda, and Brad.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

How fun! I love that all of dinner was pink, or supposed to be pink. :) How cute that Lady and the Tramp are together at last. Happy, Happy Birthday!