So, like I said, the biggest reason I decided to go private was because of my book. With the ever-increasing traffic to my blog because of book-related things, I decided to make it private to protect my girls. Not that my book is super popular or anything, but it has attracted enough attention that my blog's views more than doubled since it came out. This is great as a writer! Not so great as a Mommy. So all my book information, book reviews, and author interviews will be separate and posted on my website from now on. This Blog will strictly be about my girls and my family.
The other reason that pushed me to finally go private, was not being able to share certain information, because I was unsure of who might see it. Now that I know and trust all of you, that's no longer a concern. So to initiate this new private setting, I am going to share a funny story that I couldn't before.
All the backyards in our condo complex are connected. This is used as an emergency exit in case of fire or something. Basically the person on the opposite end from us can lift every latch on every gate separating the yards and can come through our yard to escape into the parking lot. We, on the other hand, can not get into any of the other yards. The latch is located on one side of the gate. Since our gate opens into the parking lot, we apparently don't need access to anyone else's yards. You need to understand this to help with the story.
Kalianna's best friend lives next door. His name is Kaleo. You've probably heard me mention him in the past. They just absolutely love each other! They would play all day long if we let them. Well, Kaleo is about to turn four. Meaning he has gotten tall enough to reach the latch connecting our backyards. This was discovered for the first time last week. Kaleo and Kalianna were ecstatic! They could now play together anytime they wanted, and did not need to wait for Mommy's permission (or so they thought). Their initial discovery resulted in Kalianna racing outside before even finishing breakfast to play with Kaleo, who waited for her there. She then invited him into our house, while Mommy was still in pajamas. Not too big a deal, he's four. Still not how I expected to start my day.
The next day in the late afternoon, I was getting the girl's shoes on so we could run a few errands. My ears perked up when I heard a noise downstairs. I thought perhaps it was one of the dogs. Then I heard, "Kalianna!" followed by little footsteps on my stairs. This was quickly followed by screaming from downstairs in our family room. I scooped up Maggie and found Kaleo heading up toward Kalianna's room to find his friend. I quickly told him he needed to call before coming over to our house, then went to the source of the screaming. Kaleo's two-year-old little sister was standing in our front room screaming, because she is terrified of the dogs and they were trying to say Hi. The best part? She was completely naked. Kaleo had opened the back gate, come into our yard, then crawled through the doggie door into our house. (Now you know our secret, if you are small enough, our house is really easy to break into) Lauren, his sister, loves Kalianna as much as her brother and followed right along behind him. I shooed the dogs away from Lauren, took her by the hand and walked both her and Kaleo next door. Their mom had just discovered them missing. She promised to have a talk with them. Then I walked back into our house, shut the door, and laughed so hard I immediately had to call Matt and share the story.
They have not come into our yard without permission since. I seriously thought it was hysterical! And I've got to give those kids props for being so inventive! They wanted to play with their friend and, gosh darnit they were going to find a way!
1 month ago


1 comment:
How funny! :)
Post a Comment