Friday, April 20, 2012

Magdalyn Turns One!

Magdalyn is now a one-year-old! So many things have happened over this last year, and I have loved watching the changes in her. She is turning into such a beautiful, happy little girl. As of her visit to the doctor this week, she now weighs 20 pounds and is 30" tall. Yay! She can finally ride forward in a bigger carseat!

Magdalyn is so close to walking! Several times she has let go of things and started to move forward, then suddenly drops back to her knees to crawl. I think she could learn very quickly if she tried. She is such a climber! She can go up and down the stairs now and can climb onto most anything. Couches, if they are low enough, or she has a boost. She can climb onto Kalianna's bed, she tries to climb up toys, stools, basically anything that is at her level. She is really starting to talk a lot too. She likes to repeat words and sounds we make. She can say Mama, Dada, Ball, Dog, Baka (Sobaka), Hi, and More. She is a very fast learner! I have been amazed to see how quickly she picks up on new things. When she started climbing up the stairs, she would turn around at the top and try to go back down head first. I turned her around, and showed her how to go down backwards, one foot at a time. I only had to show her twice before she started going down backwards on her own! And she went up and down multiple times until she had it down perfectly.
Magdalyn is such a smiley, happy, sweet girl! She loves to smile and laugh! If she can make you laugh, she will laugh even harder. I sing "Smile" by Uncle Kracker to her all the time. It's totally her song! I even put in on her one year video. She is such a little ham whenever I pull out the camera. She always gives me a big, cheesy grin.

I've recently discovered Maggie likes ketchup. We were eating lunch in my room one day, chicken nuggets and fries. I left my food on the bed for a minute to help Kalianna in the restroom. I came back to find this:
She had somehow grabbed my dipping bowl of ketchup off the bed, and cleaned out the entire container before I got back. I found her just like this, on my floor next to the bed, all smiles and happy as can be.

Magdalyn also does not like being left out. Of anything. At all! Every morning, Kalianna sits on her stool in the bathroom while I do her hair. A few weeks ago, Maggie started crying and getting upset whenever I did Kalianna's hair. I finally realized what was going on when I put her on the stool one morning, after I was done with Kalianna. She stopped crying immediately and was happy as could be. So I brushed her hair and put on a headband and out her back on the floor. She was completely content and crawled right into her room to play. She just wanted her hair done, like big sister. The next day I pulled the very small amount of hair she has into a ponytail and put a clip in. She was thrilled, and loved posing for me:
Magdalyn loves to pick things up and put them in other things right now. It is her favorite game. When it's time to clean up, she loves helping Kalianna pick up toys and put them in their boxes. And when some dog food spilled, she picked up a piece and put it away in the food bin, all on her own. I thought she was going for it to try and eat it, but no. She wanted to help clean up. She loves being a little bit mischievous, and loves to be chased and tickled. She really loves to be upside down and thrown around too. She is so fun!

1 comment:

Justin, Holly and Zeke said...

It's amazing how fast they grow! She's adorable!!