Once full, we continued on to Logan. We relaxed at the hotel, swam for a bit, and watched a movie. 
The next day it was wonderful to sleep in! We took our sweet time getting ready and checked out at the last possible minute (pulling a Ross). Then we went straight to the Logan temple. I love the Logan temple! If both our families weren't entirely in Salt Lake, this is the temple I would have gotten married in. I've just always had a special place for it in my heart. Ahhhhh!

After doing a session (which was in Spanish, by the way! Totally different experience listening to the entire thing through a translator box!) we headed over to The Bluebird for a late lunch. Yummy! We just love The Bluebird! Matt always gets the bluebird chicken and we both always get ironports--mine with cherry (super yummy soda). 

Since we were checked out of the hotel and didn't want to remain in Sunday attire the rest of the day, we stood guard for each other and changed in the temple parking lot. That was quite an adventure! After lunch, we thought it would be nice to go for a drive up the canyon to take some pictures and enjoy the pretty fall colors. Well, we drove by my old house and one of my old apartments up there. Then, once we entered the canyon, it started to pour! So much for getting pictures! It was raining so hard, we could barely see out the windows! We had planned on doing a hike too. Oh well! Instead we turned around and got some yummy USU ice cream. My favorite! 
Since the weather was bad, it kinda put a dent in the rest of our Saturday plans. So we decided to head down to Ogden for a movie. (we had a gift card for a theater there) We saw "Hereafter" with Matt Damon. Has anyone else seen it? Cause I would love to hear your take on it! It was much more of a drama and much less of a thriller than we were expecting. It was good. I'm not saying we didn't enjoy it, but at the end we looked at each other and said, "What was the point?" Many conflicts. No resolutions. It was just interesting. Anyway, after our movie we finally headed home. It was lots of fun, and a rare treat, to spend two whole days together alone! We had a great anniversary! But we did miss our girl too. =)


3 comments:
Awe fun!! I especially like the picture of you and Matt with the drinks!! (:
I like the drinks pic, too! Happy 5th Anniversary-with many more to come! :)
Fun! So glad the two of you were able to get away. And before number 2 gets here.
I was wondering if I could call you and talk with you about you trying to get prego. I just have a lot of questions. But, I don't have your number. Mine is 801-755-9412
Post a Comment