So I made a new friend last night. Matt and I went to the U of U women's soccer game. (It's only $10 for a freakin' cool scarf, and that scarf counts as your season ticket!) Yup. Pretty cool. After half time, and consuming a very large hot chocolate, I went to use the restroom. I tried not to. I hate using public bathrooms! But with the before mentioned beverage, and baby using my bladder as a trampoline, I had no choice. I walked into the bathroom, and a little girl was standing there. My guess would be around age 7.
"Will you help me?" she asked. "I'm scared."
"Scared of what, sweetie?"
"I don't want to go by myself, will you come in with me?"
(awkward pause) "Where's your mommy?"
"I don't have one."
Crap. "Who are you here with?"
"My Daddy."
Well that won't work. "How about you go in, and I will stand right here and wait for you outside the door. Is that okay?"
She nodded.
Whew!
"Are you a cheerleader?" she asked.
Bless you, child! "No I'm not," I said with a smile.
She proceeded to talk to me whilst bathrooming, and she even sang me a song she had written. She was definitely not shy! When she was all done, she then needed help getting her tights back on. It's a good thing I'm a mom...and a nice person. What if some weirdo had walked into that bathroom instead of me? Once she was fully dressed, it was my turn to go. Then we walked back into the stands together. And I didn't see her again.
1 month ago


5 comments:
What a sweet story. Good think it was you and not someone else!
How funny! It really is a good thing you're nice and not weird! :)
Oh how sweet. Maybe her mom up in heaven sent you especially to help her little girl...
aaaw! I'm so glad you were there to help her. Poor thing.
hahahahahaha cute. Cute post.
All cuteness aside, you had to pee for a reason. =)
Post a Comment