I could at least still breast feed. So every three hours I was allowed to hold her, wrapped in a Biliblanket, and feed her. Then she had to go right back in the bed. Fortunately, she didn't seem to mind the bed too much. All those warm lights made it easy for her to sleep. Unfortunately, it caused her schedule to get really screwed up. She slept all day and was awake most of the night. She never cried. She would simply whimper and all I could do was hold her hand.
Kalianna had the hardest time with it, I think. For two days she was acting out and throwing more tantrums and then it finally hit me what was wrong. She didn't know what to think of her little sister being in the bed all the time, and that was her way of dealing with it. She loves to help with Magdalyn and she loves to hold her! Take those away, and she was really upset. Since she has been out of the bed, Kalianna has been fine again. We all have. It was a very rough 30 hours, but I am so thankful she got better quickly and it didn't have to be longer than that!


3 comments:
So glad that is over! What a nightmare, but those fancy beds are look really nice.
Both of my babies had to be on lights for 7 days! But mine wasn't as constant as yours. I could hold them and move them about the house a bit, but it sucks huh?
Yes, I am also glad it didn't have to be longer than 30 hours. Holy Moly! Ryan had to be in a belibed. But it was one with the pad's on his eye's and the net over his head. And it looked like a little suitcase. It was really hard. I had to take his temp every 2 hours. And the more they eat, the sooner they get better. So that was good. But oh man, ya, it was way hard! He was a sport about it though. I bet they actually really like the warmth.
Post a Comment