Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Fun

Kalianna really enjoyed Easter this year! She is old enough now to enjoy egg hunts and decorating eggs, which she loved! While we were in the hospital, my mom took her to a ward Easter egg hunt. Then on Saturday, Matt took her to Great-Grandma and Grandpa Carroll's house for another egg hunt and Easter party. Magdalyn and I had a quiet evening at home. Kalianna loved finding the eggs and putting them in her cute new basket! And she loved climbing in Great-Grandma's tree.

Sunday, after church, Kalianna got to open her Easter basket. I wanted to get her an Easter dress, but she has so many dresses right now, she really didn't need another one. So we got her some Easter pj's instead. They are super cute with little froggies on them. She also got a new book for church, a CD with some of her favorite children's songs on it, and a few eggs with some peanut butter M&M's in them (her favorite). I meant to get a picture of her basket, but forgot until she had already pulled everything out of it. Oh well!

Then, after a tasty dinner of crab and cream cheese wan tons with rice (yay for freezer dinners) we decorated eggs for the first time with her. She loved it! Except she kept wanting to taste the dye. Gross! She had tons of fun dropping her eggs in the different colors and watching them change.

This is what Magdalyn did while we decorated eggs:

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter as well!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I love Easter with kids. They make it so much fun. Glad that Magdalyn cooperated so you could have fun! :)

Jenny Sue said...

How fun! Your Kali is so cute. I love her little curls.