And wiser too? I'm not sure about that, but I did have a birthday this last weekend. It was such an awesome birthday, I just had to write it down! First of all, I had a great day with my girls! We went to the grocery store to buy a cake mix, I thought it would be fun to make a cake together. Well I wanted chocolate (duh) but my sweet, opinionated daughter said, "No, pink!" She was adamant I needed pink cupcakes. After being sick, I honestly didn't care that much. She was being super sweet about it too. I Needed pink cupcakes with pink frosting. Sound familiar?
Anyway, so I gave in (it didn't take much) and we bought pink cake mix and pink frosting and pink sprinkles. After lunch Magdalyn went down for her nap, and Kalianna helped me make the cupcakes. She was super excited! We played outside with sidewalk chalk with the neighbor kids (Keanna & Kaleo) while the cupcakes baked. Happy Birthday to me! It's never warm outside on my birthday! While they played, I downloaded the first book to my Kindle: "Immortal Mine" by Cindy C. Bennett. I love that I have a Kindle! Thank you honey! I'm just nervous such a tool in my hands could become highly dangerous. Millions of books at my fingertips? How will I ever get anything else done? After Maggie woke up, the neighbor kids came in and we all had cupcakes together.
That evening, Matt took me out on a date. He surprised me with the date, finding a sitter for us and everything. The second "surprise" Happy Birthday to me was we got our state tax return that day, so we could actually afford a nice date! We went to Outback for dinner and while we waited, we watched movie trailers on his phone. I was reading over reviews of movies and realized I really hate critics. They are super nit-picky and have become so jaded, they really have no clue what most people like anymore! After a delicious steak dinner (Matt had a burger- he doesn't like steak much, but went there for me) we went and got our movie tickets. Then we had a little over an hour to kill, so we walked over to the mall. Matt said he wanted me to pick out a new outfit. I haven't bought new clothes (other than maternity) in about two years! I felt so spoiled! Unfortunately the mall was closing, but I was able to get my new outfit the next day.
We went back to the theater and, completely ignoring the critics' bad reviews, saw "This Means War"
It was so funny! I am so glad we chose to ignore the poor reviews! Matt and I both laughed out loud! It may have been a little predictable (which was one of the big complaints) but it was so funny, that didn't even matter! It's rare to find a movie like that with romance, comedy, and action that Matt and I both really enjoy.
It was such a wonderful birthday! My sweet husband completely spoiled me! And to top it all off, the next day was Girl's Day, where I learned how to make sushi (so awesome and so yummy!), went shopping at the mall for some new clothes, and went to a Stars On Ice show at Energy Solutions Arena. Great, great weekend!!
1 month ago




1 comment:
How fun! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment