Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day

I love Valentines Day! I think I say the same thing every year, but it has always been one of my favorite holidays. And this has nothing to do with my marital status. I loved Valentines Day long before I ever had anyone to share it with. Maybe it's the proximity to my birthday, maybe it's because the rest of the country is equally obsessed with the color pink that day. Whatever the reason, I love it!

I wasn't sure what to expect this year, because Matt and Kalianna were really sick the day before. I didn't know if we would do anything, or if I would spend the day taking care of my patients in their beds. Thankfully they were both doing much better! Tuesday morning I came downstairs to make Magdalyn's bottle and found this:
He bought me a Kindle! I am so excited! (This was my Valentines & B-day presents combined)
My husband is so sweet! Being sick for a few days, I was really not expecting anything. Especially first thing in the morning! He also left these for the girls (who were in heaven):


Then the girls and I made some pink heart pancakes for breakfast. It was an experiment, so I tried a few different things. Some turned out really cute!

Others not so much.
Enjoying the fruits of our labors. Kalianna did not want to be bothered with a picture, she just wanted to eat.

But we had fun doing it! After we were all ready, we went to Salt Lake to have lunch with Matt at work. (I brought my camera, just forgot to take any pictures). We had a great time! Kalianna just loves visiting Daddy at work. I mean, he has an elevator AND a staircase. What more could you ask for? And, of course, Then we spent the afternoon at my parent's house so I could borrow their huge washer to clean the throw-up covered comforter off our bed. Exciting, right? Well, the comforter took FOREVER to dry, so we stayed at my parent's house much longer than anticipated. Matt had to work late and then do homework (making up for all his sick days). So I had a lovely Valentines dinner with my dad. (my mom was sick too) Then the girls and I headed home after dinner. And, of course, after getting home it was my turn to get sick. And I was. All the next day too.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I'm sorry you all were sick! Sounds like you were able to have a fun time, though. Probably nice that your Dad had someone to hang out with, too. :) Hope you're all feeling better soon!