Friday, September 12, 2008

Finally!

I have been such a terrible blogger lately! I read my sister's, my aunt's, and a couple friends' blogs all the time and I think "I need to get better at that". So here is my new goal: I will write in my blog at least once a week no matter how short it may be. I've also decided to veer slightly away from our original intentions with this blog. I still love sharing our experiences as we learn and grow and have fun together, but sometimes I just want to write about what's going on. Especially since I don't see friends and old roommates as often as I used to.

It has now been two months since my surgery and I am feeling tons better! I can open my mouth about 35mm...as opposed to the 16mm pre-surgery. The average woman's mouth-span is 40mm so only 5 to go! Woo-hoo! I've also got to say, I love physical therapy!!! Every time I go I leave feeling so great! My physical therapist specializes with jaw recovery and he is amazing. He does these exercises with me, massages my jaw and face and does some heat treatments that help me feel tons better. I am finally nearing the point when I can eat most foods again. My goal is steak and Sunday night we are having it for my mom's birthday...so we'll see how it goes. After steak, my next step is carrots and dip. Never knew how much I loved carrots until going on almost 6 months without them.

Matt and I are doing well, for all those who feel like we've been MIA lately. I have the best husband in the world, who has been taking care of lots of extra housework and cooking while I make this long and slow recovery. We've been dealing with tons of crap from the insurance company who has decided they want to pay none of my surgery costs. Excellent. =P Our second appeal hearing is on September 22nd, so wish us luck!

No comments: