I was tagged by Bonnie to list six of my quirks, so here goes:
1. As soon as I get home or if anyone leaves my house, the door immediately has to be locked! I know I'm anal about it, but I can't even function if there is the teeniest possibility of someone walking into my house. I've even locked Matt out a couple times while he's gone to get the mail. Oops! I'm gonna have to learn to deal with my craziness someday when I've got kids traipsing in and out of the house all day.
2. I am physically incapable of sitting with both feet on the floor. I just can't do it! If I am sitting down and I have to look nice (church, work, etc.) I will cross my legs so one is hanging in the air. If I'm at a movie theater, one foot is always crossed under me or I sit cross-legged. If I'm at home, my feet are always up on things or underneath me. I really don't know why. Its just not comfortable!
3. I am very particular about the sounds of fabrics. Like when corduroy rubs against itself, or when someone rubs their hand over a velvety surface it gives me the chills. I can not STAND the sound of many fabrics being touched. Along the same lines, I am also super particular about how things feel. I will not touch certain fabrics and surfaces at all because I can't handle the way they feel.
4. I am super protective of my dogs. Maybe its because I don't have kids, I'm not sure, but if anyone offends my dogs in any way-it takes all my self-control not to lose it. People make comments all the time on how funny they look with their stubby little legs, but the one that gets me most is when people comment on Sobaka's weight. He is a Corgi. They are built like that. He is supposed to be short and stocky. I think its mostly cause Kutse is so petite and un-Corgi-like that when people see them together they assume he is just overweight. Either way, nothing boils my blood faster than hearing someone make fun of one of my babies.
5. I am very very scared of guns! When we would go to the rifle range for girl's camp, I would sit as far away from everyone else as I could get. I've been hunting with my dad probably a dozen times, but I refuse to shoot one or even hold one! Even if he asks me to hold it for a second while he ties his shoe or something - nothin doin. Not too long ago we were at a friend's house who had another friend over who happened to have a handgun permit. This guy left his gun sitting on the couch. Just sitting there! When I noticed it next to me, I almost passed out. Toy guns don't bother me at all but I've never touched a real gun in my life and I never will.
6. I have OCD when it comes to expiration dates. If something has expired, even just the day before, it goes straight in the trash. I have a weird sense for expired foods. Something can taste or look completely normal to everyone else, or to Matt, but I can just tell if it has expired. I'll look at the lid or check the bottom and if I'm right, it goes in the trash. I also clean out my fridge about weekly to check for expired yogurt containers or condiments or anything else. And if a leftover has been in there for more than a few days it is deemed "bad" and i get rid of it.
So do you still want to be my friend or have I completely weirded you out? I want to hear about your quirks too so I am tagging Aubrey, Kim, and Kristine.
1 month ago


4 comments:
I'm totally the same way about guns. We used to have some neighbors and the husband worked at the jail so he carried a gun. We were over at their house once when he got home from work and he took his gun off and just set it on top of the tv. Totally freaked me out. I had to ask him to put it away. He said, "oh my kids know not to touch my gun" and I said, "well my kids don't know the difference between a real gun and a play gun." Dummy. (Notice I didn't say the dummy part, just thought it.)
I remember you not liking guns at Girls Camp. There are worst quirks to have than the ones you have. I find you endearing *smile*
AND, I was just tagged a few days ago. Check check check it out on my blog... Two birds with one stone... Sort of...
Didn't you also hate it when someone itched their nylon tights? I think I remember that!
Hey Stacey! I heard Julie was getting married. Give her my best and tell her hi for me. I really love your family. Now I have to go back and re-read your new comments! HAHAHAHAH! Love you! me
Post a Comment