Here's a closer look. Some of them are really cute, but notice the amount of candy and frosting on some of them. Its like a cavity waiting to happen!I wasn't feeling very good on Saturday, and had to sit down a lot, but I put on a happy face so we could enjoy the party. But as the night progressed, I felt worse and worse. I couldn't keep anything down (which hasn't been a problem for weeks). Matt went to the Real game with his sister that night and Breezy came over to have a girl's night. I felt bad she spent the evening having to listen to me vomit instead. But, thinking it was just a bad pregnancy day, I pushed through and we did end up having a good time. We got some dinner, played Mario Party, and then watched a few episodes of Gilmore girls. After Matt got home from the game, I got a lot worse and ended up crashing in bed. Sunday I woke up with a fever and spent the next two days in bed. Turns out I had the stomach flu. And yes, I even followed the advice from my doctor and got a flu shot a couple weeks ago. But as she explained to me at my appointment, the flu shot is for the respiratory flu and I got a different strand of the stomach flu. I'm just lucky I guess! Now I really hope, after making all those cookies the night before, that six children in my neighborhood don't come down with a case of the flu. However, as Matt pointed out, their parents will just think they got it at school. =) But now Matt is sick in bed today. He wasn't feeling good yesterday or the night before, but was so sick this morning he couldn't fight it anymore and had to stay in bed. Poor guy!
As for the baby update, since I get asked several times a day, I felt it move for the first time last week. Very cool! But weird too. I've felt it move a few times since then. It always happens at night when I'm laying in bed. Probably because I'm holding still enough that I can actually notice it. I had a few people describe it to me like a butterfly in your stomach. But it didn't feel anything like a butterfly to me. I can't describe it, but it felt stronger than that.
Well, that was our weekend. How was yours?



3 comments:
Gosh I wish you had told me you were sick when I called on Saturday :( I'm sorry. And feeling the baby move for the first time is worthy of a text! Please share with me! That kind of stuff is exciting!
Beautiful cookies BTW! ;) Looks and sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!
Being sick is the worst thing ever! Mark and I have both been sick all week and I'm finally feeling better today. I can't wait to read your next entry!
I have always (well since I had kids)said that making and frosting sugar cookies with your kids earns the mother of the year award. So you guys deserve the primary teachers of the year award. How fun! I would love to be in your primary class!
Post a Comment