Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Girl's Day

Every three months the women on my mom's side of the family get together for a girl's day. Its always a lot of fun and relaxing! For November girl's day we thought it would be fun to have an over-nighter. On Friday I met my aunt Bonnie and Grandma at my mom's house around 5:00. The four of us drove to Park City to get settled into our room. We turned on a movie and snacked and chatted while we waited for my two sisters, Kristine and Julie, to arrive. Once all of us were there we went out to dinner. The food was super yummy, but I did feel jipped on my salad. I ordered a side salad that consisted of lettuce and cucumbers. No tomatoes or nothin'! But my steak was excellent and the horseradish mashed potatoes were super good. Anyway, after our meal we went back to the hotel room and just talked and laughed for a long time. This is one of my favorite things about girl's day! I love sitting around with the girls talking, and getting away from all worries and stress. We finished the movie we had started earlier and then got to bed after midnight.

Saturday we got up and brought breakfast back to the room so we could visit more while we ate and got our things together. Then we went to the outlet stores and enjoyed shopping for a couple hours. I wasn't too interested in the clothing stores, since I can't buy anything right now, but my mom and I had a ball in the baby store. They had a really cute baby store and everything was on sale for really good prices. If Matt and I knew what we were having, I'm sure we could have bought the kid's entire wardrobe there! My mom did buy us a really cute, soft blanket that matches the baby's room and a cute puppy stuffed animal that rattles. Those two things are the very first baby items we have gotten. Yay! After we were done shopping we decided to head to main street for lunch. We took a nice walk down the length of main street (it was cool to check out all the shops) but decided in the end that we were ready to go back to Salt Lake. My only regret is we never made it into the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.

We drove back to Salt Lake and had a late lunch at Marie Calenders. When we got back to my mom's house everyone was ready to head home. I realized I had left my pillow at the hotel in Park City, so my sweet sister Julie offered to drive me back. (Thank goodness Park City isn't very far) She dropped me off in Layton on her way back to Logan and thus concluded our trip. Thanks ladies! It was a blast!

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

That sounds like such a fun mini vacation!! I'm jealous.

Yes, "the childrens" are my two kitties.

I'm am going to go out with the guy. Like I said he's super nice and really good company. Plus he already has a few of the qualities on my list and I hardly know anything about him. That's good right...? lol

scrapsidaisy said...

I missed going to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory too! I wish we had stopped for a quick treat before heading back.

Miranda said...

So glad you had such a good time... dang I missed out not having sisters :)You mentioned you picked out colors for the baby's room.. do tell! I'm so excited for you to be a momma I see baby everywhere and get so excited.. if only we could get rid of the being sick part.

p.s. thanks for always making Sunday dinners a priority :) last week was the most fun my parent's house has seen in quite a while

P.P.S. Thanks for sharing Matt on Saturday, we'll need to have a girl's night out to make up for it