Plants and I have never really gotten along. I tend to kill them almost as fast as others can plant them in the ground. Except Larry. Matt and I bought Larry when we first got married to add a little green to our apartment. And I am proud to say that he is still alive today! Mostly because Larry is very low maintenance and he has an incredible will to live. We've gone months without watering him and he starts to look a little sad, but add some water and he's back to his bright, perky self by morning. Last year I tried to plant a garden. I planted tomatoes and cucumbers and green beans. They thrived for several weeks and then finally succumbed to my black thumb, like the others who had gone before. Our ward gave out tomato plants for mother's day this last year and I tried desperately to keep little Mater alive. We had our ups and downs but unfortunately, this last week, he too has passed on. I am very thankful to wonderful friends and neighbors who don't mind sharing. Even though I didn't get garden tomatoes from my own plant, we have had plenty of tomatoes (and other veggies) in our house the last month or so. Remember when I said how much I love our ward? We can't even go for a walk around our neighborhood without someone offering to share their spoils. And just when I thought I'd have to go to the store for some produce, our good friends gave us a big bag of goodies last night. Someday I'll grow my own garden...sigh...someday
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment