Those of you who know Matt and I well know that a couple times a year we enjoy Fried Food Week. It may sound gross, and very very fattening, but don't be fooled. Fried Food Week is heavenly! We got a deep fryer as a wedding gift and shortly after we were married, I made homemade won tons. But afterwards, I told Matt how I hated using so much oil for one meal and then throwing it out. So he came up with the brilliant plan to use the oil for dinner (and some lunches) every day for a week. Waste not, want not. Thus, Fried Food Week was born! Well folks, its that time again and here are the items on the menu for this week:
Chicken wraps
Navajo tacos (extra scones for dessert)
Corn dogs (soooo much better deep fried)
Homemade french fries
Homemade onion rings
Creme cheese/ shrimp won tons
Veggie/shrimp won tons
Chicken nuggets
And Twinkies (we found a recipe this time, since our first attempt was a disaster!)
We've had people in the past ask to tell them when our next Fried Food Week is so they can join us. Well, anyone is welcome! If you'd like to join us for dinner one night this week, just let me know! We're trying some new recipes this time too, so I'll post pictures of our fun food adventures.
1 month ago


1 comment:
You and Matt are so fun and creative! Do you have your own flower base for the corndogs? I'm really really wanting a good receipe for that! (sp?)
You sound like your a very good cook!
Post a Comment