Thursday, December 3, 2009

8 Months!

So last night we were at Matt's soccer game and someone asked me how old Kalianna was. I was about to say "she'll be 8 months in December". Then I realized...Holy cow! It IS December!! And I forgot to do her 8 month post! I blame it on being sick this week. I haven't even had the energy to decorate for Christmas yet. =-(

So I took her updated pictures this morning. It was so cute! As you can see, this is the first time Kalianna really noticed the big teddy bear I was leaning her against. She was fascinated! Such a cutie! So a few things about Kalianna at eight months:
- She is getting so close to crawling! She gets up on her hands and knees and moves back and forth. Its only a matter of time now...
- The tooth that has been threatening to come in for weeks has finally broken through the gums! Now when she bites, you can feel it!
- She's babbling more and more. She's always been a talker, but now she is learning new syllables and getting closer to forming words.
- She loves to try new foods! Her favorites now include gingerbread cookies, apple slices, and pickles. She Loves pickles! The first time I gave her one, I thought for sure she'd make a funny face. But not at all! She loved it and just kept sucking and sucking.
- All she wants to do is jump. She's getting too big for her door jumper, but if she could, she would probably live in that thing! Even when she is standing on my lap, all she wants to do is jump.
- She loves singing songs with mommy. Her favorite right now is "Old McDonald". She loves when I make the different animals sounds.
- And she desperately wants to be bigger than she is! Whenever she sees little kids walking or running, she tries to throw herself out of my arms to join them.
She just gets to be more and more fun every day!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

The first thing I noticed about the pictures is that she noticed the bear. I love the idea you guys had with it. (If I would have caught on earlier I would have used it myself.) She's a cutie pie!

Lanae said...

Love it! It's so fun to watch them grow!!!

Jenny Sue said...

Stacy, she really is so cute!