Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Thank you to my avid followers for words of concern. I'm still alive. We are all fantastic. My computer has just been having issues and I wasn't able to Blog for a little while. Matt may finally get his wish and be able to buy me a new computer. Cause I've just about had it with this old turd!

On to happier topics: Yesterday was my 26th birthday. Woo-hoo! It was a GREAT birthday!! First of all, I love how Facebook tells you when it's someone's birthday so you remember to send them wishes. I had tons of well wishes from lots of friends. It made me feel great! Then I got to play with my beautiful daughter all day, and she even let me take a nap. =) (I was up way too late the night before watching 'Bones' - Errin lent me all the seasons and now I am addicted. Not sure if I love her or hate her for that. JK! Love ya Errin!! ) My mom came over right after work and watched Kalianna for us so Matt could take me out. We finally were able to see Avatar, as everyone told us its a movie you HAVE to see in the theaters. I definitely understand why! Overall it was a pretty good movie. Both Matt and I really enjoyed it. The story isn't creative, and the plot is totally predictable, but the scenes and special effects totally make the movie worth it! Its just a fun movie to watch! After the movie we decided to try a new restaurant for dinner. We went to a place called Corbins, here in Layton. It was SO good! Very yummy bread, then we had a seafood marguerita for our appetizer. Holy cow! It kicks a shrimp cocktail's butt! Super tasty! I got steak and Matt got a pork schnitzel. Both were really yummy! We were super impressed! They also had this chocolate lava cake with Ghirardelli chocolate in the center, but we were unfortunately too full to try it this time. We got home right after Kalianna went to bed. Thanks mom!! Then I had things I needed to get done, but my wonderful husband told me not to worry about it. He told me to take it easy on my birthday. It didn't take much convincing. So he got me a brownie and a big glass of milk and I watched more 'Bones' in my PJs. Such a wonderful day!

Matt gave me an I-pod for my birthday/valentines day present this year. It's pink! Who's surprised? Anyway, I've been having so much fun with it! I love my wonderful husband! He spoils me rotten!

2 comments:

Mel McDonald said...

Oh I'm so glad it was a fun birthday:)

Colleen said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Happy Birthday!