Target sucks! I don't know how many of you have had problems with them before, but I have heard lots of stories. Their customer service is AWFUL!! I typically prefer Target's products to Wal Mart, plus you don't run into the same shady people who seem to frequent Wal Mart. But at least Wal Mart knows how to treat customers! Matt and I were out running errands yesterday and one of our stops was Target. They made a good chunk of change from us. Well, we got home and realized we didn't have one of our bags. (Isn't that the worst?!) It wasn't anything terribly significant, a $5 muppet movie, a baby einstein movie for Kalianna, and a bag of oreos. So the bag probably totaled around $20. So Matt went back to Target and told them we'd left a bag there. Their response was "no you didn't". Ummm...okay...
So they looked in the area where we had checked out and found nothing. They even (apparently) reviewed the security tapes and said they saw us leave, and we had ALL our bags. So Matt came home and we tore both the car and house apart. No bag. We really did leave it there. So Matt called and asked them very nicely if they wouldn't mind checking the area again. He asked them about the alleged security tapes and the people at customer service couldn't answer his question, so he very politely asked if he could talk to a manager. So they put him on hold...FOR HALF AN HOUR! Then someone picked up the phone and hung up on him. Grrrrrr! Understandably, we were seriously annoyed at this point! First of all, do they really think we are trying to run some sort of scam?? We weren't lying about our two movies and oreos! They really did get left in the store! Matt even had his receipt proving we had paid for them. But the cheap A-holes at Target weren't willing to believe us and comp the $20 worth of products. Matt called back, and finally was allowed to speak to a manager. He asked what was seen in the video and the guy said they could see the exact products get placed in a bag, and then that bag was loaded into our cart. Matt asked the manager if he could see this "video" that was taken from the camera on the ceiling that was so good you could read the title on two DVDs. (catching the sarcasm?) And of course the guy told him no. Our guess is the bag probably ended up in another customer's cart by mistake. Not that big a deal, if the stupid jerks at Target would have given us copies of the stuff we'd bought and proved we bought with our receipt. $20 is like nothing to a huge corporation like Target, but its a lot for some poor customers like us. I don't understand why they wouldn't do their best to treat paying customers like human beings and give us the benefit of the doubt. Instead, they made enemies for life. Even Brian and Anna, who came over in the middle of this unfortunate incident, thought they were being absolutely ridiculous and don't want to shop there either. So, dear Target, I hope your $20 was worth the loss of four paying customers. =P


5 comments:
I'm with you! I do NOT like Target because of their return policy.
We've had trouble with Target in the past. Went for a couple of years and wouldn't shop there. I just recently started shopping there again, but I guess I'll have to stop. You are right. There customer service is awful!
That really stinks. I like Target's stuff, but I'll be sure to avoid their customer service counter!
That's terrible! I've never been a huge fan of Target because of their return policies and such! I can't believe they didn't give you the stuff! I would talk to corporate! That's lame and they obviously can't prove it or they would let you see the tape.
Ugh, that's really REALLY terrible! I forgot to grab my drying rack off the bottom of my shopping cart once at Smiths and they just told me to go get another one. I really am sorry. I agree with you that Walmart has way better customer service. Khols has great customer service too. BOOO TARGET!
Post a Comment