1 month ago
Friday, February 26, 2010
Scary
I had an extremely terrifying moment last night, and I just feel like I need to share it. Or write about it, to get the weight of it off my shoulders. Kalianna woke up at 3:00am, which first of all was very odd. I waited for her to fall back asleep, but she just started crying louder so I went in to check on her. Something didn't feel right when I walked in her room. She was standing up in her crib and the moment I picked her up, she snuggled into me and was quiet. So I started rocking her. She remained quiet, but showed no signs of going back to sleep. She just starred at me with her big eyes and held on tightly. There was something very wrong. I have never had a stronger sense in my life of someone else being in the room. But it was Not a good someone. The longer we sat there rocking, the sicker and darker I felt. There's just no other way to describe it. The thought entered my mind to command the spirit to leave, and almost as soon as it did, I felt paralyzed with fear. I felt like how Joseph Smith describes the first vision and he is overcome by a dark feeling before the father and the son appear to him. I knew I needed the priesthood! So I went in our bedroom and woke up Matt and asked him to offer a prayer. The darkness finally lifted but at this point, Kalianna was completely awake and thought it was time to play. It took forever to get her settled back down, but when she finally did, she slept great and I felt good the rest of the night. I have never experienced anything like that before! It was really weird, and really terrifying at the same time! Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Matt said "maybe Kalianna is a really choice spirit", but either way I was really, really scared for my little girl! All I know is I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood in my home!! It is a tremendous blessing and protection, and I don't know how I would ever live without it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That happened to me when I was living in Spain. Even though it was dark in my room, it got darker when I started to feel a presence. I too was grateful for being able to get rid of it. Scary huh?
p.s.
I have heard spirits talking on Macie's monitor two different times, but they were pleasant sounding and not scary.
I had a similar experience with Josh one time when we were at Logan's parents house in ID. He was a baby. I don't remember if he had been asleep or if he had just gone to bed, but he started crying and fussing. I went in and held him and immediately felt really sick and scared, dark - like you described, someone else being in the room. Josh would not be consoled until I said a prayer with him. It wasn't just a prayer but I don't want to type out all my feelings on here. As soon as the prayer was done, I felt that warm feeling of the holy ghost fill my body and the bad was gone. Josh slept fine the rest of the night. But I have always remembered those feelings.
I like to think of the experience more as a testimony builder that a scary experience because that night I knew my Heavenly Father knew who I was, knew who my son was, and knew our needs at that moment. The way my prayer was answered really touched my heart and I will never forget the good feelings that followed the bad.
I hope it never happens to you again (((HUG)))
How scary! I've never had anything like that happen to me! Thank goodness. Glad everything turned out ok.
Good for you to use the Priesthood! I'm so glad we have the power of God with us and our husbands have such rights to use it! I've had a few of those experiences. Well, 3 times in my whole life. But I think only once that sounds as strong as you felt it. Once when I was in High school in my room. Once when Jesse decided to go to school and once in Ryan's room, shortly after he was born. And I totally agree with Matt saying "maybe Kalianna is a choice spirit." Honestly Stacy, it wouldn't shock me at all to find that out for sure some day. We are told these are the last days and that we are saved for them. Imagine how strong our kids must need to be. I look at Ryan a lot and think that he must have a lot that Heavenly Father wants him to do. "Where much is given, much is expected." Anyways, We actually had a prayer for our home and family, or " a blessing put on our home" with a few Priesthood holders twice. Both after I felt it. I think it's amazing how our kids are so extra sensitive to it. And I can't even express my gratitude for the Priesthood and the Holy Ghost. Just thinking of life without them is terrifying to me.
It happens to me every once in a while when I am trying to take a nap or wake up in morning a bad feeling just overcomes me and I can't get my body to move out of bed or off the couch until I command them away like you said. It scares me, and Ian thinks I am pshyco, but it is very real to me.
Post a Comment