Warning: The following post may be too uncomfortable for male eyes. Females will understand. Females who have had children, please read and comment! We all know that a woman bleeds for several weeks after giving birth. But how long is it supposed to last? My doctor told me I would probably bleed for 3-6 weeks following birth. Some women bleed for up to eight weeks. I had Kalianna nine and a half weeks ago and I am STILL bleeding! Its a pain in the rear-end! I want to be able to stop wearing pads eventually! How long did you bleed for? Should I be concerned yet? I was so glad to have had a c-section cause I was told you tend to bleed for less time than someone who delivered vaginally. But its been over nine weeks! This is getting ridicules.
1 month ago


5 comments:
How weird. I think I would definitely call your doctors office to find out if it is abnormal and something they need to see you for. I always heard that people with c-sections bled for less time too, seems only fair!
I'd check on that, Sweetie. My sister only bled for about three weeks after Kaden. Can't hurt to ask!
It seemed like I spotted for about 2 months or so. But it all just depends on your body. If it's bright red or really clotty I'd call your OB/GYN. I called Dr. Hebert's nurse like a million times with questions, so they're used to it! Otherwise, it's probably just the way your body works!
(Also, although you had a c-section, remember, your body went through the eversion and dilation too.) So there's SOME trauma "down there" to heal as well...
I don't know about c-section but with vaginal dilivery's I've always heard that if you bleed for more than 2 months, go back to the Dr. The only person I've actually known and talked to about it was my sister in law. She still had a piece of placenta in her uterus. It was a simple in and out d&c. Other than that I don't know. Go in. Even if it's nothing. You'll feel better. my Dr. has midwives on his team who deliver at the hospital. I can call them ANYTIME for questions. Do you have something like that? Good luck.
I bled for about nine and I had a C-section. You can always call the doctors office and ask if they think you should come in. Mine would almost go away for a few days and then come back and it was still bright red near the end.
Post a Comment