Every child "expert" talks about the importance of teaching your children to fall asleep on their own. Let them cry a little, and always lay them down groggy, but not asleep. Kalianna does know how to put herself to sleep. Almost every nap time and bedtime she goes to sleep without much of a fight. But every once in awhile she needs a good snuggle. I'll lay her down and she will cry and cry until I hold her and rock with her for a minute. Then she will return to bed just fine. And you know what? That's okay! In fact, I love it when she wants to snuggle with me! I figure I might as well take advantage of it now when she wants to be cuddled and loved, because in a matter of months, she will be running around and it will be hard to catch her long enough to hold her! So the experts might say she's spoiled. Then spoiled she shall be! Because I know and understand my own daughter better than anyone else. I'm her own personal expert, and this expert says don't ever pass up a chance to snuggle with your baby!
1 month ago


6 comments:
I completely agree! I get as many snuggles in as I can between the running and playing! If they need them, better give them! :)
Hear! Hear! I agree with you 100% on this. If anything, she'll grow up to be an affectionate person, which isn't a bad thing at all :)
Good for you! Clark is exactly the same way. Nate rocked him to sleep the other night because he's was having an unusually hard time and he did really well falling asleep with Nate. I can probably count on two hands the number of times we've rocked him to sleep and I'm so happy for Nate that he did get the opportunity. But I'm also glad we don't have to do that every night.
AMEN!!!!!
You know how they also say to NEVER wake a sleeping child? I usually abide by that. But there are sometimes...like when I hear of a HORRIBLE story on the news of something happening to a precious child. something horrific! Things like that really do take a chip off my heart. Anyways, I'll go in Ryan's room and just look at him. but I end up picking him up and just holding him. And sometimes crying. Crying for that other child and because I'm so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge I have because of it.
You have to take everything you read in those books and tweak them to work for you. My boys have each gone through phases where they just need to snuggle while falling asleep and while sleeping sometimes too. I love it!
Post a Comment