Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Girl's Day

On Saturday for girl's day, we met at my mom's house in the morning to make freezer dinners. Have any of you ever done freezer dinners before? I hadn't, but we had lots of fun! The only way to really do freezer dinners is in a big group, so you can split the cost of food. We made five meals for $18 total (each)! I was very impressed! I'm excited to try out my dinners now and see how yummy they are, they looked really good as we were making them. It was a pretty casual day, but fun to talk and laugh as we went shopping for all the ingredients and made all the meals together. It only took a little over an hour to actual put the five meals together. We went to Mimi's Cafe for lunch that afternoon and had the oldest server I have ever seen. It's sad she was still having to work at her age! I kept thinking, "You should be on the beach somewhere in Florida or traveling the country in a huge RV!" It's a good thing we weren't in a big hurry because after taking our order, it literally took an hour to get our food. We just laughed about it. We had all ordered a salad or a sandwich, so its not like we had to wait for something to cook. And the restaurant wasn't even very busy! She was such a cute old lady, but she got several things wrong, our food took forever to come, and then when it did come, our fries weren't even hot anymore. Funny adventures! So afterwards, we went to the DI to buy some picture frames for making earring holders. I have one already, but my earrings have outgrown it, so time to make a bigger one! All you do is take the picture frame of your choice, paint or decorate it however you want, then tack some screen to the back. Then voila! You have a beautiful earring holder! I'll post a picture when my new one is done. After making food and working on our frames, we turned on Mama Mia and pianted toenails. Such a fun, relaxing day with the girls!

1 comment:

Jenny Sue said...

ok, I know this may sound way lame, but you do so many fun things. Things that I would think would be hard to do with a toddler. How do you do it? I guess I'm kind of asking for advice. Who watches Kalianna for you? Or do you bring her along?