So these are out of order, but I don't really care. I keep forgetting to blog about Mother's Day! We had stake conference the week before, so Mother's Day was a fast sunday for us this year. I have to admit, I was kind of cranky about the idea. We usually have a yummy brunch in relief society, so I didn't like the idea of not getting our food this year! (you have to understand, I love food!) But it ended up being a really nice day! First, Matt got up with Kalianna and let me sleep in. (my next favorite thing, after food) Church ended up being really, really nice. Having Mother's Day on a fast Sunday turned into a fantastic idea! The testimonies were all really wonderful, and the spirit was really strong. Then Matt took Kalianna to elder's quorum with him so I could enjoy the relief society lesson (isn't he sweet?). After church, I took the three kids on a walk in the warm sunshine, while Matt made dessert for my parent's house later that night. I had an interesting moment that day while getting ready for our walk. Kalianna had a poopy diaper, so I was changing her. I briefly had the thought, "I shouldn't have to do this, it's Mother's Day!" But then I quickly recovered and realized, "What better way to celebrate Mother's Day than by being a mom?!" That afternoon, we went to Matt's parent's house for dinner. He grilled the steaks, while his sister, Miranda, made all the sides. Dinner was super yummy! Then we went over to my parent's house for O' Henry bars for dessert. It was such a wonderful Mother's Day! I hope everyone else had a wonderful day as well!
1 month ago


2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great Mom's Day!!!
Can I just say that your ward sounds so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment