Monday, July 19, 2010

Celebrating the 4th

Still playing catch-up! Things have been super busy lately! On July 3rd, I was able to go to Stadium of Fire with my sister-in-law Ricci. It was so much fun!! Carrie Underwood performed...need I say more? Okay, I will. She was fabulous! The music was so good, the fireworks were awesome, and we had a blast!
On the fourth, we went to my parent's house for a BBQ and fireworks. We kept it super small. Just a few sparklers and flowers, and some simple fountains. We knew Kalianna wouldn't like any of the loud ones. She thought the sparklers were pretty cool, but she was unsure of the flowers. Then my brother tried to kill her, and that settled it. No more fireworks! (JK Bryan, you know we love you =)) He lit a flower and threw it into the air, but after it hit the ground, it happened to bounce and land directly on our blanket. Right next to Kalianna and I. So, of course, I threw myself over her to protect her from the spinning flame of death, while daddy came to the rescue. Matt was super fast and he dove on the blanket, smothering the firework with a corner of it. But all the screaming, and her mommy suddenly throwing her to the ground and covering her scared her pretty good. So we left shortly after that. I think we'll do fireworks after she goes to bed on the 24th.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Geez, Bryan! :) How fun! Alli didn't like the fireworks, I'm hopeful for next year. She's starting to get lots of dark hair! :)