Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Period. Tampons. Uterus.

Now that all the men have run screaming from the room...Ladies, we need to talk. Do you ever wish there was a button we could push to ovulate? Seriously, how handy would that be? Okay, I'm ready to get pregnant again. *Push* Ta da!
I honestly thought I would be pregnant again by now. My hope was to be pregnant by Georgia. But alas, Georgia has come and gone and I am further than ever. I'm not sure why I thought it would be easier to get pregnant the second time around, but I foolishly believed it would be. For those of you who are familiar with temping, maybe you can help me out. For the life of me, I can't figure out when I'm ovulating! Or if I am even ovulating at all! It is SO FRUSTRATING! My body (in regards to that) has been so screwed up since I had Kalianna! Every time I think I have things all figured out, I think I am going to ovulate on a certain day, then my period starts. Seriously! My periods are either super close together, or really far apart (making me think I was pregnant a couple times). Grrrr! Since I quit nursing and my periods started again, these have been my cycles:
Dec/Jan = 14 days
Jan/Feb = 36 days
Feb/Mar = 36 days
Mar/Apr = 21 days
Apr/May = 28 days
May/May = 12 days
May/Jun = 18 days
Jun/Jul = 23 days
Did anyone else notice I had three periods during the month of May?? Cause I sure did! But seriously, if anyone can help me read my charts, I would be very grateful! I've been on Provera for a few months, but it doesn't seem to be helping. And I have an appointment with my OBGYN (made months ago) but she can't see me till August. In the meantime, I'm frustrated and sad =(

February/March
March/April
April/May
May
May/June
June/July

4 comments:

Kristine said...

I am hurt that you wouldn't call me to interpret your charts. How long have I been doing this now?

Well, in my opinion, it looks like the only month you 'maybe' ovulated would be the may/june chart. But even if you had, and got pregnant that month, your lutial phase wouldn't have been long enough to sustain a pregnancy. Other than that, it does not look like you are ovulating.

What are the dips on the charts circled?

If you want to talk about more 'stuff' come over or call me. I LOVE talking fertility. Oh and I wish I had an ovulate button too. Boo :(

Oh and P.S. Please delete the comments of women who post saying things like, "If only I had that problem, my husband and I can look at each other and get pregnant." Or "I wish I had your problem, I hate birth control." Or "I don't know, I have perfectly spaced cycles - ovulating day 14 and starting my period on day 28. Its like clock work."

Theresa said...

Are you taking your temp during your period? There are ovulation pee strip tests that are pretty easy to use. My doctor told me that temping tells me when ive ovulated and the strips will tell me when Im going to ovulate. I also had a saliva test called Maybe Mom. Some women check their discharge too. Worse thing you can do is stress and worry about it. I know- take your temp daily but don't think about getting pregnant.

Colleen said...

I'm assuming you talked with Kristine about this... she is a pro at taking the temp, charting and all that. I remember her talking to me about cervical mucous and that it changes during ovulation and goes away between. (I never paid attention to when or knew why) I found this site a while ago www.justmommies.com/articles/cervical-charting.shtml I'm sure you probably know about it already! I'm so sorry! It took us 18 months surgery for the hubby and clomid for me to finally get pregnant. Maybe they should put you on provera and clomid (makes you ovulate-in case you didn't know it already). I think it's good that you're going in to get some answers! Good luck!!! Hope it gets worked out and you get prego soon! :) ***hugs***

Aubrey said...

Wow, your sister Kristine is AMAZING at this kind of stuff! I didn't really do temping, so I'm floored by how much y'all know about it!
Maybe try one of those ovulation testers from the store.
My friend wouldn't ovulate, so they had to "trick" her body by putting her on birth control for a month or two, then when her cycle was regular, hurry and go off the pill and try for a baby. Not sure if that's something you've tried or not, but it worked for them...
Good luck, I hope it happens soon for you. :)