Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Haircut

Kalianna got her very first haircut this week. Her hair was starting to get very messy and her bangs were always hanging in her eyes, so it was time. We went to Cookie Cutters because that is basically the greatest idea ever for little kids! I didn't dare try and cut her hair myself. I can't even cut paper in a straight line, let alone hair on the head of a moving two-year-old. They were so amazing--and Kalianna loved it! I actually couldn't get her to leave. When we first walked in and she saw a giant slide, she was sold. She played on the slide while I got her all signed up. Then she was ecstatic to sit in the cool blue car and watch Winnie the Pooh. She was more excited about the car than the movie though. This girl loves cars!

I told the lady I wanted her hair cleaned up and her bangs trimmed. Kalianna's hair had gotten quite long straight down the back, but the sides were much shorter. She asked if I wanted to even her hair out with the sides, and I said yes. She added a couple little layers to show off the natural curl in her hair too. Then she asked if I wanted her to put some mousse in Kalianna's hair to additionally enhance the curl. I said, "Yes, please!" As soon as she started putting it in and scrunching her curls, Kalianna said, "Pretty!" I just love the confidence of little girls! But her hair is so short now! I loved how long it was getting, but now it will grow out more evenly. I seriously got in the car and started crying (pregnancy hormones) cause I missed her long hair. No more pony tails for a little while =( I really do love how her hair looks though, it's super cute! And it looks much cleaner! When she was all done, Kalianna was very excited to get to pick out a balloon. She chose purple--her favorite color. Then she went down the slide several more times with her balloon in tow. All in all it was a great experience for everyone involved (minus the tiny meltdown). I'm sorry I didn't get any before and after pictures to show the two inches that were taken off the back.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Darling!

Colleen said...

So cute!

Jenny Sue said...

She is beautiful! She looks more like you every day.