Thursday, March 3, 2011

Smarty Pants

I can not believe how smart my little girl is sometimes! I forget she is not even two yet, when she is doing and saying so many things. I often think she is older than she really is. I just had to write all of this down, so I don't forget where she was at 23 months.

Kalianna talks almost constantly! I love it! And I would make a list of the words she knows, but she knows way too many to keep track of. She has got the most amazing memory. Back in December when we went to tithing settlement, the bishop reached in a drawer behind his desk and pulled out a piece of candy for Kalianna. A couple months later, when we were in his office for Matt to be set apart, she walked straight over to that same drawer and pulled out a piece of candy. Matt and I just looked at each other and laughed. She had earned it! She remembers where things are, things I've said, people she meets, places we go, it's just incredible to me to watch how her brain works!

She is also an incredible observer! She has learned so many things just by watching other people or listening to things that are said around her. And she picks up on things so fast! Kalianna already knows several colors! (which is really quite incredible for a not-even two-year-old). She knows blue, purple, pink, and is starting to point out red now. She loves to point out these colors anytime she sees them, and is so proud that she knows what they are. She also can sit down and with no help at all can put all eight shapes in the correct slots of her shape ball. She knows the names for stars and hearts, and points these shapes out any chance she gets as well. She loved Valentines Day! Pointing out all the hearts around us! She knows the numbers one and two. The other morning for breakfast, I was eating doughnut holes. I was down to my last two when she pointed to them and asked, "What's that?" I said, "Doughnuts, do you want one?" Her response was, "No two!"

She learns so quickly! I am constantly amazed at how fast she picks up on new things, and then she remembers them weeks later! She is also understanding a lot of opposites and will point out when things are light or dark, big or small, up or down, etc. She will tell me when she has gone poop or potty, so I can change her diaper, and she will tell me "booger" when she needs her nose wiped. She still loves animals and knows tons of animal sounds! (even more now than when I made the video) She knows all her body parts and can point to where everything is (even eyebrows and moles). She also knows all her clothes and names them while she is getting dressed. "Diaper, pants, shirt, socks, shoes, jacket, or dress, tights, coat."

We read a lot, but most of the things she knows, she has picked up on herself. We read scriptures every night and she loves to point out the pictures of Jesus. But she also always says, "Jesus. Dress." We try and explain that he is wearing a robe, but she knows what a dress looks like. She loves pointing out pictures of the temple too. I love it! And she knows all of her family members by name. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I've never sat her down and tried to specifically teach her colors and shapes and things, she has just learned them from our reading and playing together. I love how smart she is, but I know I'm in trouble with this one. She can not be out-smarted! She is way too clever already, and she's not even two yet!

My absolute favorite thing about Kalianna right now (okay, one of them) is whenever she completes something or gets something right, she holds her hands up and says, "Ta da!" Not sure where she learned it, but it's hysterical! And she loves to give hugs and kisses now. So sweet!

1 comment:

Ricci said...

aww I love her :) I'm sad our game is so late tomorrow night because it means I won't get to see you guys!