Monday, March 14, 2011

Mommy, Wow!

Guess who's a big girl now? Kalianna got her big girl bed on Saturday! Isn't this the coolest bed you've ever seen?! We decided to get Kalianna a toddler bed, since she will soon be sharing her room with a little sister, and a twin would make their room far too crowded. Plus we didn't mind spending the money, knowing it will be used again. And Kalianna is ecstatic! I had to keep her occupied while Daddy was setting it up. She kept wanting to lay on it before it was done being put together. But then she ended up helping by handing Daddy screws. The second we gave the okay, she was laying in her bed, head on her pillow, a grin on her face from ear to ear. She loves being a big girl!

Because it was close to bed time, we only set up the bed Saturday night. When we first turned off the light and left her room, she got a little bit nervous. I went back in her room and sat on the floor by her bed and we sang some songs. She actually got out of bed and snuggled with me on the floor for a minute. Then I asked her to climb back in bed and after I left the second time, she went right to sleep. She fell out of bed once during the night. When I went in, she was sitting on the floor looking very confused! But once she was back in bed, she went right back to sleep.

We put the canopy together after church yesterday, so she could have it for nap time. Nap time was a little trickier, as we knew it would be. She got out of bed three times to play with toys. But as soon as we would go in her room, she would climb back in bed. We told her if she got out again, she'd have to sleep in her crib. She fell asleep after that and took a good nap.

Last night it took some convincing to get her to go to bed (which is pretty typical). But once in bed, she slept through the whole night without any problems or fall-outs. I am so proud of her!

The only thing that is kinda funny, is Kalianna HATES covers! She will lay on a pillow just fine, but don't you dare ever cover her with a blanket! She has always been that way too. So her bed is always made, and she sleeps on top of the covers. Did any of your kids ever go through this too? I'm wondering when, or if, she will ever sleep under the covers. As long as she is warm and comfortable, that's all that really matters, right?

4 comments:

scrapsidaisy said...

Cole was the same way for awhile with covers. He got really mad when we tried to have him sleep under the covers the first night in his bed. He slept on top for awhile but now sleeps under the covers. Just had to happen when he decided that he wanted to I guess.

Colleen said...

What a cute bed! Alli still doesn't like to stay under her covers. We put her in a sleep sack and she loves it. I love it because I know that it goes with her no matter where she wiggles. I'm sure she'll eventually sleep under the covers, but, like you said, as long as she's comfy, who cares? :)

Lanae said...

Neither of my boys used covers until the were about 3 or 4. I love that bed though! Super cute!

Justin, Holly and Zeke said...

I love the bed and her pj's!