Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Third Time's the Charm

We had a pool party planned for Kalianna, and then she got sick. Then we decided to try and go to the pool Monday night for Family Night. But Kalianna didn't take a nap that day. While making dinner, she fell asleep on the couch. Couldn't get her to wake up. When we finally did, she was very grumpy (can't blame her) and wouldn't eat dinner. By the time she was happy and fed, it was nearing 8:00. So...swimming didn't happen.

Tonight! We finally made it to the pool tonight and Kalianna LOVED it! She is absolutely fearless! If we had let her, she would have just kept walking until the water was over her head. She was also very annoyed that Daddy insisted on holding her hand during the waves. She wanted to jump in and play along with all the big kids. We had lots of fun and hated leaving, but when your kid's lips are turning purple and they can't stop shivering, it's time to go.

As a side note: I decided I didn't want to spend the money on a maternity swimming suit. So I just wore my normal one. It's a two piece, so I figured I would be okay as long as I just put a T-shirt or something over it so my belly didn't hang out. I forgot to take into consideration how much my waist has expanded, even with it sitting under my belly. I also forgot to take into consideration the fact that my breasts are three times their normal size. Needless to say, it was TIGHT. Once we got in the water, I was okay. But I think next time, I won't be so stingy and I'll just buy a new suit!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Glad you finally made it to the pool! That sounds fantastic and spring/summer-ish! I'm with you about buying a maternity swimsuit, but when you only have a couple weeks left, I probably would've tried to get away without one, too. :)