With the FBI after her and her family in danger, Jacey’s
only choice is to live a lie.
Jacey Grayson is an average, young, divorced mother
struggling to build a new life for her son, Blaze. But when the FBI discloses
some disturbing information about her ex-husband, Jacey’s life becomes anything
but average. At the risk of losing her identity, her future, and her heart,
Jacey’ and Blaze flee to Utah, hoping to hide and start over once again. But no
matter how far she runs or who she pretends to be, her past is always lurking
nearby, bringing old fears with it. Thrilling action and a suspenseful plot
make this novel an edge-of-your-seat read.Today I am honored to be a part of my good friend, and fellow author, Mandi Tucker Slack's online book tour for her debut novel "The Alias". "The Alias" is a fast-paced, thriller about a woman named Jacey who is trying to escape her criminal ex-husband. She goes into hiding with her son, Blaze, and finds the love and caring from a family that she herself has never experienced. They help her to heal, gain self-confidence, and again learn to love and trust in other people. She even finds a little bit of romance...
Mandi is an excellent writer! The storyline is thrilling and imaginative, yet she finds a way to add humor and love to her world of suspense. I absolutely fell in love with her characters! She does an excellent job of making you feel a connection to each and every one of them. You feel compassion for Jacey, protective over Blaze, a comrade with Melissa, love for Aunt Helen and Uncle Grant, intrigue for Kale, and seriously despise John. Her characters are such real people, when the book ended, I was sad because I know longer got to see my friends.
One thing I think Mandi does exceptionally well is the way she wrote her antagonist John. I think a lot of first time authors have a tendency to make the bad guy too over-the-top. But John was seriously creepy because he was so real and believable!
I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants a great read! The best part is it's very enjoyable and completely clean. I promise in the end, you will be asking for more. "The Alias" is available through Cedar Fort publishing and can be found at various LDS distributors, as well as Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com. It's also available as an eBook through Kindle.
Now here is an interview with Mandi herself:
1. Tell us 3 fun facts about yourself?
-I love to collect fossils….I can spend hours, even days, looking for rocks
-When I was a girl, we lived in
Germany. My best friend was a little German girl who lived in her very own
medieval castle, and though we couldn’t communicate well, we spent hours
playing together in the dungeons, towers and stables.
- I’m scared to death of water, but I love
the ocean.2. How long have you been a writer or known that was something you wanted to do?
I can distinctly remember the day I picked up my first book and read it all by myself. The book was Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn. I’ve been addicted to books since that time and loved to create my own stories.
3. Tell me about your current project?
I have several projects going at the moment. I’m currently editing a crime/physiological thriller (Fade to Gray), which will be released this year, and I’ve just recently signed a contract with my publisher for a paranormal thriller (Tide Ever Rising), which is set to be released in February of 2013. You can learn about all my books at www.mandituckerslack.com .
4. Where do you receive inspiration or ideas for your books?
Usually I get inspiration from simple things. Something as simple as an object, a view, or even a particular sound will spark the beginnings of a story. Once the idea sits long enough, I write it down and eventually a story evolves. I always carry a notebook. I also find inspiration through other people’s stories. The idea for The Alias began after having a conversation with a friend about her former abusive husband. I was amazed by the amount of strength it would take to leave behind a situation such as hers and begin a new life. I tried to imagine what it would have been like to take your child and run. That night, the idea for The Alias wouldn’t leave. I wrote it down and within a few months, I had Jacey’s story.
5. Why did you choose your current publisher?
It has always been my dream to become a traditionally published author. I had heard great things about Cedar Fort Inc., so I took the chance and submitted my story. I am glad I did. It has been a great experience so far.
6. How often do you write?
I try to write every day, especially if an idea is brand new. If I don’t, I tend to slack off (no pun intended) and I lose the story. If I write religiously, the story sort of writes itself.
7. Tell us about some of your future projects?
I’m currently writing a new soft horror/paranormal thriller titled The 14th Eclipse. This is the little blurb:
Rain Abram's life is anything but normal. As a teenager, dealing with her father's suicide, she struggles with intense feelings of betrayal and anger. Her mother doesn't make things any easier. Always prying and delving into her business, Rain longs to escape. But when a daytime jaunt to an abandoned saw mill, hidden deep within the dark forest of Northern Oregon, reveals a crypt kept secret for nearly half a century, her world is turned upside down once again. As a series of strange, supernatural events descend upon the small community of Netarts, Rain can't help but feel the discovery of the crypt and the unusual phenomena are somehow related, and with the approach of a lunar eclipse she finds her life in imminent danger….you can learn more about it and my other books at www.mandituckerslack.com
8. What are some of your favorite books?
My very favorite is Mrs. Mike by Nancy and Benedict Freedman
9. If you could co-write a book with another author, who would it be?
That is a tough question. I have so many favorite authors, it would be hard to choose.
10. Do you have any advice for others who dream of being an author?
Never give up. There have been times in my life where I thought….”This is such a waste of my time.” Even while writing The Alias, I doubted my ability to ever get a book published. However, I continued and pushed past the “I can’t-s” and “I won’t-s”. It isn’t easy, but if you don’t give up, you will see your dreams realized.
Check out Mandi's website: www.mandituckerslack.com and Blog: www.mandislack.blogspot.com
Or if I didn't convince you, go check out the Book Trailer for "The Alias": http://www.youtube.com/watch?




No comments:
Post a Comment