Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dreams

So when I was told that you have very vivid dreams when you are pregnant, I always thought it meant ABOUT being pregnant, or at least about your unborn child. I have had countless dreams about being pregnant UNTIL the day the little strip said yes. I have not had a single dream since where I have been prego at all. I have, however, had extremely vivid dreams. Which has brought me to one conclusion; I am having a bear. Three of the nights this last week I have dreamt about bears. I have no idea, maybe it means I am going to be like a "momma bear" or as Matt put it "Maybe it means you're having a girl cause girls are ornery and so are bears." Well whatever the case may be, here are some small details about these extremely vivid and alarming dreams:

I was driving down a very, very dark road all alone and a huge black bear cut me off and I hit him with my car. He wasn't dead, but my car was, and the bear started to get up and come after me along with several other wild animals.

I was at Yellowstone with a bunch of family members and my sister and I were waiting in the car while others used the restroom. A cute little bear cub comes up over the hill near our car and looks at us. Next thing we know here comes mama bear, a huge brown bear, who doesn't like us looking at her cub. So she approaches the car, shakes it a few times, and breaks her paw through a window trying to get at us.

Matt and I went to the circus and they had these polar bears doing tricks and such. Well I got called to go down in front and "assist" the trainer. I had to step carefully as there were large white bears laying down all over the ring. The trainer had me put my head in the open mouth of one of the bears and...CHOMP!

Why do pregnant women have such vivid dreams? And why have mine been so scary lately? In the last few weeks I have also dreamt:

My house burned down while Matt was at work and I was home sick. I was luckily able to save the dogs but nothing else was salvageable.

My sweet little nephew got hit by a train. I won't give you details on this one but I woke up sweating and crying.

I was at Yellowstone, again, and Matt and I were older and had four or five kids. (I never saw any of their faces or even knew their sex). Our oldest was taunting the Bison and one charged and I got stabbed in the shoulder with his horn. (Again with the killer animals)

The only good dream I remember since getting pregnant is I dreamt the series finale of Gilmore girls. And let me tell you, my version was way better than the real final episode.


What were some of your most vivid dreams about while you were pregnant?

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow crazy dreams! I did not like the one about your nephew and the train :( Thanks for leaving those details out.

I always dreamed about my kids. When I was pregnant with Josh, I always dreamed he was a dark curly haired boy with glasses. Once we were at mom and dads church building for a dinner party with the "7" and we had been eating spaghetti. My child had red sauce all over his face.

With Ian, I had a very vivid real dream I was in L&D and he came out a girl (this was before I knew he was a boy). And it was very real since I had experienced labor before so I knew what to expect. I had one other dream he was a girl and then the dreams changed to him being a boy. After about 5 boy dreams I finally found out it was a boy. :)

I guess I always dream about my unborn kids! Except for that one dream with Matt Damon...oooh la la! I'll spare you the details on that one!

scrapsidaisy said...

Your dreams sound like you are constantly in peril or worried about someone. Now you know what it is like for part of your heart to completely belong to someone else. (Not that it hasn't belonged to Matt, but now it will be split in even more pieces!)

Kimmy said...

Don't worry about giving birth to a bear. I had a dream that (and PLEASE don't take this serious, cause in my dream you did) I told you you could give birth to a Fraggle. You know? Fraggle Rock...? I was joking and you WOULD NOT stop crying. So don't worry :D

Kimmy said...

Think how cute a little baby Fraggle would be!! Aw...

Kimmy said...

Too perfect. Too too perfect.

Singhappy2 said...

So when are you due??? You left out a most important part!! YOU didn't TELL ME!!! =( LOL Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!!! Tell Matt I'm so happy for the both of you!

Keep dreaming - it's probably just the hormones or something. It's been so long - I don't remember any dreams.