Friday, October 17, 2008

Text Stalker

So last night I was laying in bed, not quite asleep yet but working on it, when I received the following text from my friend Errin:

"R you sight it"

This text came from out of the blue so at first I thought maybe she sent it to me by mistake. I wrote her back and asked what it meant, with no reply. Then I thought maybe it had to do with an earlier conversation we had had and she was asking if I was excited in some funky "text language" I just didn't get. Well I got to work this morning and asked her about it and she had no idea what I was talking about. She had gone to bed early and wasn't even awake when the mysterious text came t0 me at 10:26pm. Errin thought I had made the whole incident up, or dreamt it, or something until she opened her sent messages and sure enough, the message had come from her phone. Now I've heard of phones taking pictures on their own in your pocket or purse because the little camera button gets bumped. But I can't imagine her cell phone could have selected to send a text message, pulled my name out of the contacts, typed up the random words, and then pushed send unless the thing is posessed! The only explanation that leaves is that Errin text me in her sleep last night. How funny is that? So apparently I have a text stalker who contacts me in her sleep. Awesome!

I now feel it is my duty to warn those of you who are addicted to text messaging. Watch out because after you've fallen asleep, its possible your over-worked thumb muscles will start spasming and find your phone to text someone without your knowledge. You too could end up a text stalker, so please be careful. You have been warned.

2 comments:

janae said...

okay, that is HILARIOUS!!! I'm so telling my brother Ryan to beware. He is obsessed with texting. So, so, so funny!

Ashlee said...

That is really funny!